在电影《重返17岁》中,男主角变回了自己17岁时的样子,混入校园找女儿谈心。不过太过激动以至于忘记自己是年轻“版本”,所以女儿也是一头雾水……来看看他们都说了什么吧。

对话原文:

What do you want?

你来干嘛

I just want to talk about Stan.

我想跟你聊聊斯坦 

Why are you dating him? I mean, you know he is not a nice guy.

你为什么会和他约会 你知道的 他是个痞子 

He's crazy.

他不正常 

Hey, don't say that about Stan. You don't even know him.

别这么说他 你根本不了解他 

Oh, but I do. I really do. I know him better than you.

噢 是的 我真的了解他 比你了解的多 

Look, we're moving in together after graduation.

我们毕业之后就要同居了 

Stan got into Georgetown?

斯坦考进乔治敦大学了 

What?

你说什么 

What?

你说什么 

No, no. Stan got on the management track at home depot.

没 斯坦在停车场找到一份管理工作 

Oh, great.

还真是好工作 

And I'm going to Westwood community college to be closer to him.

我会去维斯特伍德社区大学 以方便我们生活

He's my forever.

这辈子就他了 

There's no way in hell that's happening.

那绝对不可能发生 

Excuse me?

你说什么 

I said, "there's no way in the hell that that is happening."

我说那绝对不可能发生 

You think I'm gonna let you mortgage your future?

你认为我能让你赌上你的未来吗 

You think I'll let you throw away your hardwork

你觉得我会让你浪费掉所有的努力

everything that you've accomplished

所有的成就 

for some psychopathic guy who doesn't care about you?

就为了一个根本不在乎你的变态吗 

I forbid you. I forbid you to see him anymore.

我绝不准 决不准你再见他

 

看来女儿的恋爱问题永远是老爸关心的问题啊。

 

再来看看这段话中都有什么重点:

与某人约会:date sb.

毕业:graduation /ˌɡrædʒuˈeɪʃn/ 

仓库:depot /ˈdepəʊ/

不可能:there is no way that

抵押:mortgage /ˈmɔːɡɪdʒ/

关心,在乎:care about。而care for表示“喜欢”

禁止:forbid to do /fəˈbɪd/

 

想看完整视频,请关注【沪江英语】公众号