Tuesday morning
周二早上

my 5 year old woke up and his eye was extremely swollen and red.
我5岁的儿子刚起床,就发现自己的眼睛又红又肿,情况十分严重。

I took him to urgent care up the road
我立刻带他出门去看急诊
 

and after being examined by the doctor, she was very concerned.
医生为他做了检查,情况令人担忧

They prescribed [en]antibiotics
[/en]
医院开了消炎药
 

but said I needed to take him to the ophthalmologist right away.
又说,我必须立刻带他去看眼科医生
 

The one in my town didn’t have any same day appointments
当地医院的眼科医生这一天的号已经没有了

 but they were able to get me into one about 45 min away.
但他们可以带我去看另一个眼科医生,大约需要45分钟车程

I was already holding back tears
我已经在强忍自己的眼泪

 because I was scared for my son.
为儿子的情况惶恐不已
 

My gas tank was on E
那时我的车油箱已经空了
 

and I don’t get paid until the 3rd.
直到下个月3号才能领到工资

I completely lost it
想到这里,我的情绪终于崩溃了
 

and told the nurse what was going on.
我把自己的处境告诉了护士

I said I had to call some people
我说,我得打电话给亲戚朋友 

and ask to borrow some gas money
找他们借点钱给车加油
 

but I would get him there somehow.
但我一定会想方设法带儿子去看医生

A minute later
一分钟后
 

the doctor came in and handed me 20$
医生走到我面前,递给我20美元
 

so we could get to the appointment.
我们顺利到达了那个医院。

It was just so touching.
我备受感动

I'm going to bring her a card with the 20$ on the 3rd.
下个月3号,我会把20美元还给她,还会馈赠一张感恩卡片

She never said I needed to pay her back
她从没要求过我还钱给她
 

but I just want her to know how much the kindness she showed meant to me.
但我希望她知道,她对我的善意,对我来说有多么重要!