Unit 1 How can we become good learners?
1. have conversation with sb 同某人谈话
2. too ... to ... 太……而不能
3. the secret to ... ……的秘诀
4. be afraid of doing sth / be afraid to do sth 害怕做某事
5. look up 查阅
6. repeat out loud 大声跟读
7. make mistakes in 在……方面犯错误
8. connect ... with ... 把……和……连接/联系起来
9. get bored 感到厌烦
10. be stressed out 焦虑不安的
11. pay attention to 注意;关注
12. depend on 取决于;依靠
13. the ability to do sth 做某事的能力
14. take notes 做笔记，做记录
15. make up 组成、构成
1. What / how about + doing sth? 做……怎么样?
2. Why don't you go shopping?
3. I'm too tired to say anything.
4. I like milk very much, but I don't like coffee at all.
5. The party ended up singing.
6. The party ended up with her singing.
7. I often make mistakes.
8. Don't laugh at me!
9. He enjoyed himself.
10. She is one of the most popular teachers.
11. It's difficult or me to study English.
12. She often practice speaking English.
13. Li Lei has decided to go to Beijing.
14. You will fail unless you work hard.
15. I dealt with a lot of problem.
16. Mother worried about his son just now.
17. The boys regarded Anna as a fool.
Unit 2 I think that moon cakes are delicious!
1. the Lantern Festival 元宵节
2. the Dragon Boat Festival 端午节
3. the Water Festival 泼水节
4. be fun to watch 看着很有意思
5. eat five meals a day 一天吃五餐
6. put on five pounds 体重增加了五磅
7. in two weeks 两星期之后
8. be similar to ... 与……相似
17. end up 最终成为;最后处于
18. share sth with sb与……分享……
19. as a result 结果
20. dress up 乔装打扮
21. haunted house 鬼屋
22. call out 大声呼喊
23. remind sb of 使某人想起
24. sound like 听起来像
25. treat sb with. 用 / 以……对待某人
26. the beginning of new life 新生命的开始
1. What + a(n) + 形容词 + 可数名词的单数形式+主语+谓语+其他)!
2. How + 形容词 / 副词(+主语+谓语+其他)!
3. be going to 将要 / 打算……
4. in + 时间段 在……后
5. give sb sth = give sth to sb
6. plan to do sth 计划做某事
7. refuse to do sth 拒绝做某事
8. one of + 名词复数形式 ……之一
Unit 3 Could you please tell me where the restrooms are?
1. used to do sth 过去常常做某事
2. be afraid of 害怕
3. from time to time 时常;有时
4. turn red 变红
5. take up 开始做，从事，占据(时间、空间)
6. deal with 对付;应付
7. not … any more 不再……
8. tons of attention 很多关注
9. worry about 担心
10. be careful 当心
11. hang out 闲逛
12. give up 放弃
13. thank about 考虑
14. a very small number of ... 极少数的……
15. be alone 独处
16. give a speech 做演讲
1. Do you know where is the bank?
2. Could you tell me how to get to the park?
3. Lily is next to Ann.
4. Lily is between Ann and Tom.
5. Is that a good place to hang out?
6. He wanted to dress up as Father Christmas.
7. That depends on how you did it.
8. Lily lent me her book.
= Lily lent her book to me.
9. I'm sorry to do sth
10. He got up early in order to catch the first bus.
11. He works as hard as we.
12. I prefer English.
I prefer sitting / to sit.
I prefer dogs to cats.
I prefer walking to sitting.
I prefer to work rather than be free.
Unit 4 I used to be afraid of the dark.
1. be more interested in 对……更感兴趣
2. on the swim team 游泳队的队员
3. be terrified of 害怕
4. gym class 体操课
5. worry about 担心
6. all the time 一直，总是
7. chat with 与……闲聊
8. hardly ever 几乎从不
9. walk to school = go to school on foot 步行去上学
take the bus to school = go to school by bus 乘车去上学
10. as well as 不仅…而且...
1. He used to play football after school.
2. I am terrified of the dog.
I am terrified of speaking.
3. He spends too much time on clothes.
He spend 3 months (in) building the bridge.
It takes me a day to read the book.
4. I like to chat with him. 我喜欢和他聊天。
5. Mother is worried about her son. 妈妈担心他的儿子。
6. A person took him to the hospital. 一个人把他送到了医院。
7. I can hardly understand them.
I hardly have time to do it.
8. I have lived in China in the last few years.
9. The question is when to start.
10. I don't know where to go.
11. She helped me with English.
12. She helped me (to) study English.
13. I can't afford to buy the car.
= I can't afford the car.
14. She run as fast as she could / can.
15. His father always take pride in him.
16. You must pay attention to your friend.
17. She is able to do it.
18. My father has given up smoking.
19. I play tennis no more.
I don't play tennis any longer.
20. He is interested in math, but he isn't interested in speaking English.
Unit 5 What are the shirts made of?
1. be made of 由……制造
2. be made in 在……制造
3. environmental protection 环境保护
4. be famous for 以……而著名
5. be produced in 在……生产
6. be known for 以……闻名
7. as far as I know 据我所知
8. pick by hand 手工采摘
9. send for 发送
10. avoid doing sth 避免做某事
11. everyday things 日用品
1. This skirt is made of silk
Butter is made from milk.
2. Our class is made up of six groups.
3. No matter what I said to her, she still didn’t believe me.
4. The police are trying to find out where the boy got off the train.
5. That seems not a bad idea.
6. My temperature seems (to be) all right.
7. They seem to find the way to the cinema.
8. It seems that he was late for the train.
Unit 6 When was it invented?
1. by accident 偶然地;意外地
2. without doubt 毫无疑问的;的确
3. by mistake 错误地
4. look up to 钦佩;仰慕
5. take place 发生;出现
6. all of a sudden 突然;猛地
7. divide ... into ... 把……分成……
8. the Olympics 奥林匹克运动会
9. the style of ……的样式
10. be used for 被用于……
1. Pens are used for writing.
2. I took the umbrella by mistake.
3. I met her by accident at bus stop.
4. I didn't go to bed until I finished my work.
5. The leaf fell into the river.
6. She fell down from her bike.
7. Six people, including a baby, were hurt.
8. He was born in Canada.
9. Let's divide ourselves into 4 groups.
Unit 7 Teenagers should be allowed to choose their own clothes.
1. be allowed to do sth被允许做某事
allow sb to do sth允许某人做某事
allow doing sth允许做某事
2. sixteen-year-olds = sixteen-year-old boys and girls 16岁的孩子们
3. a part-time job 兼职工作
4. a driver’s license 驾照
5. on weekends 在周末
6. at that age 在那个年龄段
7. on school nights 在上学期间的晚上
8. stay up 熬夜
9. clean up 清扫
10. fail (in) a test 考试不及格
11. take the test 参加考试
12. the other day 前几天
13. all my classmates 我所有的同学
14. concentrate on 全神贯注于
15. be good for 对…...有益
16. in groups 成群的，按组
17. get noisy 变得吵闹(系表结构)
18. learn from 向……学习
19. at present 目前，现在
20. have an opportunity to do sth有做……的机会
1. I don’t think twelve-year-olds should be allowed to get their ears pierced.
2. They talk instead of doing homework.
3. He is allowed to stay up until 11:00 pm.
4. We should be allowed to take time to do things like that more often.
5. What school rules do you think should be changed?
6. The two pairs of jeans both look good on me.
7. The classroom is a real mess.
8. Should I be allowed to make my own decisions?
9. Only then will I have a chance of achieving my dream.
10. They should be allowed to practice their hobbies as much a s they want.
11. We have nothing against running.
Unit 8 It must belong to Carla.
1. be long to 属于
2. listen to classical music 听古典音乐
3. at school 上学;求学
4. go to the concert 去听音乐会
5. have any / some idea 知道
6. a math test on algebra 有关代数的数学考试
7. the final exam 期末考试
8. because of 因为
9. a present for his mother 送给她妈妈的礼物
10. run for exercise 跑步锻炼
1. If you have any idea where might be please call me.
2. It’s crucial that I study for it because it counts 30% to the final exam.
3. What do you think “anxious“ means?
4. He could be running for exercise.
5. He might be running to catch a bus.
6. Why do you think the man is running?
Unit 9 I like music that I can dance to.
1. expect to do sth期望做某事
expect sb to do sth 期望某人做某事
2. catch up with 追上，赶上
3. different kinds of music 各种不同的音乐
4. quiet and gentle songs 轻柔的歌曲
5. take … to … 带……到……
6. remind … of … 使某人想起或意识到……
7. her own songs 她自己的歌曲
8. be important to 对 ……重要
9. Yellow River 黄河
10. Hong Tao’s latest movie 洪涛最近的电影
11. over the years 多年来
12. be sure to do sth务必 / 一定做某事
13. one of the best known Chinese photographers 世界上最有名的中国摄影家之一
14. on display 展览，展出
15. come and go 来来往往
16. can’t stand 不能忍受
1. I love singers who write their own music.
2. We prefer music that has great lyrics.
3. What do you dislike about this CD.
4. What does it remind you of?
5. The music reminds me of Brazilian dance music.
6. It does have a few good features, though.
7. She really has something for everyone.
8. Whatever you do, don’t miss this exhibition.
9. As the name suggests, the band has a lot of energy.
10. Some people say they are boring, but others say they are great.
11. If I were you, I’d eat nuts instead.
Unit 10 You're supposed to shake hands.
1. be supposed to do 被期望 / 应该做…….
2. shake hands 握手
3. for the first time 第一次
4. table manners 餐桌礼仪
5. drop by 偶然拜访，顺便拜访
6. after all 毕竟，终究
7. be on time 准时
8. (in) the wrong way 以错误的方式
9. be relaxed about 对……比较随意 / 放松
10. a bit 一点
1. He should have told me about it.
2. Where I’m from, we’re pretty relaxed about time.
3. We often just drop by our friends’ homes.
4. Often we just walk around the town center, seeing as many of our friends as we can.
5. We usually make plans to see friends.
6. We’re the land of watches, after all.
7. It’s even better than I thought it would be.
8. They go out of their way to make me feel at home.
9. Although I still make lots of mistakes, it doesn’t bother me like it used to.
10. I thought that was pretty strange at first, but now I’m used to it.
11. I have to say I find it difficult to remember everything, but I’m gradually getting used to things, and don’t find them so strange any more.
Unit 11 Sad movies make me cry.
1. make me sleepy 使我困倦
2. drive sb crazy 使……发疯
3. the more ..., the more ... 越……越……
4. yes and no 好坏参半
5. be friends with sb是某人的朋友
6. feel left out 感觉被忽视
7. sleep badly 睡眠很差
8. don’t feel like eating 不想吃东西
9. for no reason 毫无理由
10. neither ... nor ... 既不……也不……
11. let ... down 使……失望
12. take one’s position 替代我的职位
13. to start with 起初
14. get the exam result back 取考试成绩单
15. find out 发现
16. a shirt of a happy person 一件快乐人的衬衫
1.—I’d rather go to Blue Ocean because I like to listen to quiet music while I’m eating.我更愿意到蓝海餐厅，因为我喜欢在吃饭时听轻音乐。
—But that music make me sleepy. 但那种音乐使我困倦。
2. Waiting for Amy drove Tina crazy.
3. The movie was so sad that it made Tina and Amy cry.
4. Sad movies don’t make John cry. They just make him want to leave quickly.
5. Loud music makes me nervous. 吵闹的音乐使我紧张。
6. Soft and quiet music makes me relax.
7. Money and fame don’t always make people happy.
8. She said that the sad movie made her cry.
Unit 12 Life is full of the unexpected.
1. take a shower 淋浴
2. leave my backpack at home 把背包忘在家里
3. get back to school 返回学校
4. start teaching 开始教学
5. go off 响铃
6. rush out the door 冲出房门
7. give sb a lift 捎某人一程
8. miss both events 错过两个事件
9. be about to do sth 正要做某事
10. stare in disbelief at 难以置信地盯着
11. raise above the burning building 从正在燃烧的楼上升起
12. jump out of bed 跳下床
13. collect the math homework 收数学作业
14. show up 赶到，出现
1. By the time I got up, my brother had already gotten in the shower.
2. By the time I got outside, the bus had already gone.
3. When I got to school, I realized I had left my backpack at home.
4. By the time I walked into class, the teacher had started teaching already.
5. By the time I arrived at the party, everyone else had already showed up.
6. When he put the noodles into the bowl, he realized he had forgotten to add the green beans.
7. Before she got a chance to say goodbye, he had gone into the building.
Unit 13 We're trying to save the earth!
1. at the bottom of the river 在河床底部
2. be full of the rubbish 充满了垃圾
3. throw litter into the river 把垃圾扔入河中
4. play a part in cleaning it up 尽一份力把它清理干净
5. land pollution 土地污染
6. fill the air with black smoke 使空气中充满了黑烟
7. cut down air pollution 减少空气污染
8. make a difference 产生影响
17. take action 采取行动
18. turn off 关掉
19. pay for 付费
20. add up 累加
21. use public transportation 使用公共交通
22. recycle books and paper 回收书和废纸
23. use paper napkins 使用纸巾
24. turn off the shower关掉喷头
25. ride in cars开车出行
1. Even the bottom of the river was full of rubbish.
2. Everyone in town should play a part in cleaning it up.
3. The air is badly polluted because there are too many cars on the road these days.
4. To cut down air pollution, we should take the bus or subway instead of driving.
5. I used to be able to see stars in the sky.
6. The air has become really polluted around here. I’m getting very worried.
7. No scientific studies have shown that shark fins are good for health.
Unit 14 I remember meeting all of you in Grade 7.
1. win a prize 获奖
2. do a school survey 做一个学校调查
3. meet the standard of a strict teacher 满足一位要求严格的老师的要求
4. meet this group of friends 遇到这群朋友
5. score two goals in a row 连续踢进两个球
6. learn to play the keyboard 学会弹钢琴
7. be patient with sb 对……有耐心
8. work out the answer yourself 自己找出答案
9. guide sb to do sth 指导某人做某事
10. put in more effort 更加努力
11. look back at 回首
12. pride of overcoming fear 克服恐惧感的自豪
13. make a great big mess 弄得一团糟
14. keep my cool 保持我的清高
15. try to be on time for morning reading 尽力赶上早读
16. look forward to doing sth 期望做某事
17. join the school swim team 加入学校游泳队
18. get a business degree 取得一个商业学位
1. —What happened in Grade 7 that was special? 在七年级时发什么了什么特别的事?
—Our team won the school basketball competition. 我们队赢了学校的篮球比赛。
2. —How have you changed since you started junior high school? 你上中学后有什么变化?
—I've become much better at speaking English. 我在说英语上比以前更好。
3. —How do you think things will be different in senior high school? 你认为在高中会有什么不同?
—I think that I'll have to study much harder for exams. 我想我将更加为考试努力学习。
4. —What are your plans for next year? 你明年的计划是什么?
—I'm going to join the school volleyball team. 我将加入学校排球队。
5. —What do you remember about Grade 8. 关于八年级你记得什么?
—I remember being a volunteer. 我记得当一名志愿者。
6. —What do you use to do that you don't do now? 你以前做而现在不做的事是什么?
—I used to take dance lessons, but I don't anymore. 我以前上舞蹈课，但现在不上了。
7.—What are you looking forward to? 你期望做什么?
—I'm looking forward to going to senior high school. 我期望上高中。