1. C) Take a picture of him.
2. A) Gaining great fame on the Internet.
3. B) Editing his pictures and posting them online.
4. A) They are far from satisfactory.
5. A) A series of interviews with outstanding physicists
6. B) The origin of the universe.
7. D) Why there is a universe at all.
8. C) the universe formed due to a sufficient amount of matter.
9. B) she woke up speaking with a different accent.
10. A) It is usually caused by a stroke or brain injury
11. C) Russian
12. D) Books about swimming.
13. B) She published a guide to London’s best swimming spots.
14. C) They were prohibited from swimming.
15. C) She was the first woman to swim across the English Channel.
16. A) Build a machine that can detect lies.
17. B) They are skeptical of its reliability.
18. A) It is not to be trusted at all.
19. C) Each village there speaks a totally different language.
20. C) More are found in tropical regions than in the mild zones.
21.D) There is no conclusive account for the cause of language diversity.
22 .A) Its middle-class is disappearing.
23. B) They could realize their dreams though hard work.
24. D) Full employment.
25. C) Hire part-time employees only.
Surfing the Internet开头
26-30 F C A E M 31-35 K O N H L
26. F) grasp
27. C) evaluated
28. A) aptitude
29. E) filtering
30. M) significant
31. K) raising
32. O) typical
33. N) suffer
34. H) minimize
35. L) resist
标题：A Pioneering Woman of Science Re-Emerges After 300 Years
36-40 K I E M G 41-45 O C L F D
Passage One—while human achievements
46. C) They find high-level math of little use.
47. B) Math professors are not doing a good job.
48. B) Enable students to make practical use of basic math.
49. A) Make complex concepts easy to understand.
50. A) To enable learners to understand the world better.
Passage Two—For years, the U.S. has experienced a shortage
51. B) It takes the lead in providing robotic care.
52. C) It does not have much direct contact with patients.
53. D) Facilitate communication between patients and doctors or family members.
54. A) It interacts with patients just like a human companion.
55. C) Robotics will not make nurses redundant.
More and more attention has been paid to public libraries in China, and people are encouraged to make full use of them. Recent statistics show that the number of public libraries in China is increasing year by year. Many libraries have created a quieter and more comfortable environment for readers through renovation and expansion.
The large-scale public libraries not only provide a wide range of reference materials, but also regularly organize lectures, exhibitions and so on. In recent years, many digital libraries have also emerged, thus saving the space needed to store books. Some libraries have also introduced self-service systems, which make it more convenient for readers to borrow and return books and further meet the needs of readers.
How to balance job responsibilities and personal interests
Recently, the topic of the balance between work and leisure/hobby has been brought to public attention. We can find many examples easily: modern people’s workload makes people out of breath and leaves them no time for leisure/their interest.
If this situation continues to worsen, their physical and mental status raises the alarm. Thus, it’s urgent to strike a good balance between working duties and rest/personal hobbies. For one thing, too much work gives rise to immunity deterioration, which causes many health problems. For another, free time/constructive pastime helps us live in a positive cycle.
Therefore, what we should do is to find enough time to rest/develop our hobbies by finishing the task on time and arranging some beneficial activities off work. For example, regular exercise is a recommendable way to get relaxed. By doing exercises your body can produce a hormone that makes you recover from exhaustion. What’s more, you can transfer your focus from busy job by reading an interesting book or listening to a favorite song, thereby getting your intense nerves calm down.”