1. D) It can benefit professionals and non-professionals alike.
2. A) Stories about some female physicists.
3. B) By including lots of fascinating knowledge.
4. C) It provides experiments they can do themselves.
5. A) He has no idea how to proceed with his dissertation.
6. C) It is too abroad.
7. D) Nature.
8. B) Stick to the topic assigned.
9．A) The unprecedented high temperature in Greenland.
10. B) It typically appears about once every ten years.
11. C) Iceless summers in the Arctic.
12. D) A strong determination.
13. C) It is most important to have confidence in one’s willpower.
14. D) They could keep working longer.
15. D) They are part of their nature.
16. D) About half of current jobs might be automated.
17. A) They could grade high-school essays just like human teachers.
18. B) It has to rely on huge amounts of previous data.
19. C) The theoretical aspects of sustainable energy.
20. D) Drive trains with solar energy.
21. C) Find a new material for storing energy.
22. B) The poor relation between national health and social care services.
23. A) It was mainly provided by voluntary services.
24. B) Their preference for private services.
25. C) They have long been discriminated against.
Just off the coast of Southern California开头
26-30 FBLHD 31-35 AMKEG
26. F) dwells
27. B) chaos
28. L) predators
29. H) fierce
30. D) declared
31. A) aggressive
32. M) remove
33. K) monitoring
34. E) dedicated
35. G) extinction
标题：Do Parents Invade children’s Privacy When They Post Photos Online?
36-40 H M N E B 41-45 A J L G D
Passage One—Perhaps it is time开头
46-50 B A C D A
46. B) Enjoy more leisure hours.
47. A) Take up many of the farmers’ routines.
48. C) Allow farmers to learn instantly what is occurring on the farm.
49. D) Labor shortage is worsening.
50. A) More and more automated.
Passage Two—The public开头
51-55 D B A C D
51. D) Common folks’ scientific knowledge can sway policy making.
52. B) Acquire a basic understanding of medical science.
53. A) It helps them to effectively popularize new scientific information.
- C) It may give inaccurate or distorted information to the public.
55. D) Improve their communication skills.
In recent years, more and more museums in China are open to the public free of charge. The number of exhibitions and visitors to the museum has increased significantly. Long queues are commonplace in front of some popular museums. These museums have to take measures to limit the number of visitors.
Nowadays, exhibition forms are more and more diverse. Some large museums adopt advanced technologies such as multimedia and virtual reality to make exhibitions more attractive. Many museums also stage online exhibitions, where people can appreciate rare exhibits. However, the experience of seeing the exhibits on site is more attractive to most visitors.
How to balance work and leisure
Recently, the topic of the balance between work and leisure/hobby has been brought to public attention. We can find many examples easily: modern people’s workload makes people out of breath and leaves them no time for leisure/their interest.
If this situation continues to worsen, their physical and mental status raises the alarm. Thus, it’s urgent to strike a good balance between working duties and rest/personal hobbies. For one thing, too much work gives rise to immunity deterioration, which causes many health problems. For another, free time/constructive pastime helps us live in a positive cycle.
Therefore, what we should do is to find enough time to rest/develop our hobbies by finishing the task on time and arranging some beneficial activities off work. For example, regular exercise is a recommendable way to get relaxed. By doing exercises your body can produce a hormone that makes you recover from exhaustion. What’s more, you can transfer your focus from busy job by reading an interesting book or listening to a favorite song, thereby getting your intense nerves calm down.”