For most of us, there will be quite a number of friends to make in our life.
对于我们中的大部分人来说,这一辈子会遇到不少朋友。

That's one thing about how beautiful life is.
这正是人生的一个美好之处。

You get to meet all these different faces and different minds which you never thought would be there for you.
你会遇到这么多不同的面孔、不同的思想,他们都是你未曾预料的。

But unfortunately, most of them will eventually leave you.
但不幸的是,他们中的许多最终会离你而去。

There will be those who do not see eye to eye with you.
总会有那么些人的看法和你不同。

Sometimes they decide to leave you.
有时候是他们决定离开你。

Sometimes it's the other way around.
有的时候则相反。

This is what once made me so depressed , that all good things come to an end.
这曾经让我觉得伤感欲绝,因为一切美好的东西终将结束。

But now I've come to terms with it.
但现在,我已经接受了这一切。

Some friends are just not meant for a life time.
有些朋友本来就不能持续一辈子。

You come to like each other because you saw something you like in each other.
当初,你们因为在彼此身上看到了自己喜欢的特质而喜欢上彼此。

But then there comes a day when you suddenly find out they are not really who you have perceived.
但总有那么一天,你会突然发现他们并不是你原来想的那样。

This is just what life is.
这就是人生啊。

You don't really need that many friends. Eventually you only need those who truly count. You only need those who really know you.
你其实并不需要那么多的朋友。最终,你需要的只有那些真正重要的。你只需要那些真正懂你的人。

 

(翻译:能猫)