Todd: Hello, Gabrielle!

你好,加布里埃尔!

Gabrielle: Hello!

你好

Todd: How are you doing today?

你今天好吗?

Gabrielle: Good thanks.

很好,谢谢。

Todd: Now, Grabrielle, I hear that you are going back home to New Zealand.

加布里埃尔,我听说你要回新西兰的家去。

Gabrielle: That's right. I'm going home for summer.

是的。我要回家过夏天。

Todd: OK. What are your plans?

你是怎么计划的?

Gabrielle: Probably a week relaxing, going camping, and then I'm going back to work.

也许先休息一周,去露营,接着我会回去工作。

Todd: Oh, OK. Where do you work?

好的,你在哪工作?

Gabrielle: I teach as an English teacher in Christchurch, in New Zealand.

我在新西兰克赖斯特彻奇市教英语。

Todd: Oh, OK. And that's where you're from, naturally.

哦,好的。你来自那里。

Gabrielle: That's right.

是的。

Todd: Were you born there?

你在那里出生吗?

Gabrielle: I was, yeah!

是的,我是!

Todd: Well, you are going to have this short little break, or vacation, are you gonna go to the beach...the mountains?

在这短暂的休息,或者说是假期中,你打算去海滩,或者山区吗?

Gabrielle: Probably..probably to the beach and camping for about a week with friends, yeah!

也许,我会和朋友一起去海滩露营一周。

Todd: Actually, how warm is it in the summer?

夏天那里到底有多热?

Gabrielle: Probably a maximum of about 30 degrees. A nice dry heat! Very comfortable.

也许最高达到了30度。干爽,很热!很舒服!

Todd: So when you go to the beach is the water warm enough to swim in?

那么你去海滩的时候水温很适合游泳?

Gabrielle: No, no, no! We swim but it is not warm. Yeah! It's pretty chilly actually.

不,不!我们会去游泳,但水并不热。海水其实很冷。

Todd: OK. Any other plans when you go home?

好的,回家后还有什么其他计划吗?

Gabrielle: Yeah, I'm looking forward to catching up with friends and family and animals.

我很期待见到我的朋友,家人,和宠物。

Todd: Animals!

宠物!

Gabrielle: Well, I miss my pets.

是的,我想念我的宠物。

Todd: OK, well, what pets do you have?

那么,你养了什么宠物?

Gabrielle: Well, I have a cat and a dog and a sheep called Sydney and two gold fish.

我养了一只猫,一只狗,一只叫做Sydney的羊,还有两只金鱼。

Todd: Wow!

哇!

Gabrielle: Yeah! And I really miss them.

是的,我真的很想念它们。

Todd: I'm sure they're really excited to see you. Alright, thanks a lot.

我肯定它们见到你一定很兴奋。好的,十分谢谢。

Gabrielle: Cheers!

不客气!