1. What kind of customs do you think are good customs in our culture?
2. What customs do you think should be revised?
3. Why are some Western customs popular in China?
4. How to preserve our traditional customs?
1. Personally speaking, I think there are many good customs in our culture. For example, on Tomb-sweeping festival, we Chinese people will sweep the graves of our ancestors or loved ones in memory of them. What’s more, during Spring Festival, we will get together with our families to celebrate the new year.
2. From my point of view, it’s reasonable for every custom to exist, but the way of celebrating it should be changed or revised. For instance, we shouldn’t waste a lot of money practicing a custom.
3. As far as I’m concerned, there are two reasons mainly. First of all, we must owe it to the reform and opening up policy. Since then, China has largely increased its communication with western countries and western customs are accepted by Chinese people day by day. Second reason is that today's young people prefer a different way of life. Today's young people grow up in a totally different environment from last generation and it's easy for them to accept new things. So out of freshness or keeping pace with the trend, they would like Western customs.
4. In my opinion, at least two aspects should be done in order to preserve our traditional customs. For the government, it’s necessary to promote our traditional culture and encourage people to practice our traditional customs. For our common people, we should cherish and be proud of our traditional customs, and shouldn’t worship and have faith in foreign things.