Episode 5

你获聘了5
1 Week later
一周以后

Hi Sarah! I’m Marcia Boardman – we spoke on the phone...
你好,萨拉!我是玛西亚•博德曼 – 我们之前通过电话……

Oh yes, I remember – I was having a bad day!
哦,是的,我记得 – 那天很糟糕!

...and this is Philip Hart, our CEO.
……这位是菲利普•哈特,我们的首席执行官。

Hello!
你好!

Hello, it’s very nice to meet you both.
你好,见到你们非常高兴。

It says on your CV that you do voluntary work...
你在简历里说自己在做志愿者工作……

Well, when I have time, yes! I do work at a centre for children with difficulties, yes...
是的,有空的时候就做!我在一个学习困难儿童帮护中心做志愿者……

That must be very interesting...
那一定非常有趣……

It’s rewarding and challenging.
很有收获,但也很有挑战。

Sarah, can you tell us a little bit about your current position?
萨拉,能聊一聊你现在的工作吗?

I’m assistant sales director for a chain of language schools.
我在连锁语言学校当销售总监助理。

So this post would be quite a change then...
如果你来我们这儿,工作的性质会有非常大的变化……

I don’t think so honestly because the skills are the same, despite the product.
我不这么认为,因为说老实话虽然产品不同,但所需要的技能是完全一样的。

Why are you thinking of moving on?
你为什么想跳槽?

Well I’ve come as far as I can in my current position, I feel
现在的这份工作,我觉得已经干到头了,没有上升的空间,

and I’m 28 now and would love to take on some more responsibility.
我现在才28岁,喜欢找一份责任更重的工作。

Ok, let’s move on to managing people.
好的,下面让我们来聊一聊人员管理。

Can you give us an example of when you had to deal with a particularly difficult managee?
你有没有遇到过特别棘手的人员管理问题,举个例子说一说?

Well, yes, I had two people working for me who didn’t get along at all – they had no shared values,
好的,我遇到过,我手下有两个人就是没法在一起共事 – 他们的价值观不同,

different temperaments – and they used to argue a lot,
脾气性格也完全不同 – 常常争吵,

it looked like it was impossible for them to work together.
看起来似乎已经不太可能让他们在一块工作了。

So, I sat down with them, and we talked about their differences and their problems and after that, things went much more smoothly!
于是我和他们坐到一起,聊他们俩的差异,他们的问题,之后一切就变得顺利多了!

How would you deal with a rapidly changing and uncertain global market?
国际市场瞬息万变,充满不确定性,你会如何应对呢?

Ok, that’s actually something I wanted to talk about in my presentation...
哦,这正是我准备在演讲中谈到的问题……

but I’d say to stay flexible and to diversify markets and sales strategies.
我的想法是保持灵活多变,使用多样化的市场营销策略。

It says on your CV you speak French and Spanish.
你在简历中称自己会说法语和西班牙语。

Yes, I do. I lived in both France and Spain for a while.
是的,我会。我在法国和西班牙生活过一段时间。

Any plans to learn other languages?
有计划学习其他语言吗?

I’d love to try!
我很乐意尝试!

Ok, can you tell us about a time you closed a particularly challenging deal?
好,能说一说你完成的一项特别有挑战性的交易吗?

Well, the biggest contract I won - and the thing I’m most proud of professionally - was with a large university in India,
好的,那是我拿到的最大一笔订单 – 是我职业生涯中最引以为傲的一件事 – 那是和印度的一所大型大学签订的合同,

to provide language training. The contract was full of technicalities and the client was very picky! – But I still pulled it off.
为他们提供语言培训。那份合同充满了专业技术内容,客户也非常挑剔 – 但我还是拿下了它。

Ok – do you have any questions for us?
好的 – 你有什么问题要问我们吗?

Yes - about your ethical policy and your carbon footprint...
有 – 是关于你们公司道德政策和碳足迹的问题……

I was wondering whether you are planning to reduce your carbon footprint
我想知道你们有没有制定计划,减少碳排放量,

and whether all your products are ethically sourced?
你们的所有产品的来源是不是都符合道德伦理标准?

That’s a very good question...and that’s something we’re moving towards at the moment...
这个问题非常棒……这是我们当下努力的方向……

Ok, well, let’s move on to the presentation...
好,下面让我们进入演讲环节……