Episode 4

你获聘了4
1 Week later
一周以后

Good morning Daniel!
早上好,丹尼尔!

Dan, please...
叫我丹就可以了……

I’m Marcia Boardman – we spoke on the phone – and this is Philip Hart, our CEO.
我是玛西亚•博德曼 – 我们通过电话 – 这位是菲利普•哈特,我们公司的首席执行官。

Hello!
你好!

Nice to meet you both.
很高兴见到你们。

So it says here on your CV that you’re interested in rock climbing...
你在简历上说,你对攀岩很感兴趣……

Yeah... love it!
没错……我超喜欢攀岩!

Great – so do I! When did you last go climbing?
太棒了 – 我也喜欢!你上次攀岩是是么时候啊?

Oh, err, well, it was a while ago now...
哦,呃,已经有一段时间了……

Anywhere interesting?
去过有趣的地方吗?

Yeah. I walked up the hill behind my house. Took me about thirty minutes!
是的。我爬我们家后面的小山,只要大概30分钟!

Oh.
哦。

OK, erm, Daniel, can you tell us a little bit about your current position?
好的,呃,丹尼尔,能聊一聊你现在的工作吗?

Certainly – as it says in the CV, I’m part of the European Sales team at Networld. We’re the world’s leading supplier of IT hardware.
当然 – 正如我在简历里写的,我是Networld公司欧洲销售团队的成员。我们是IT硬件领域的世界领先供应商。

Why do you want to move on?
你为什么想跳槽?

Well, they’re too small for me.
哦,那家公司对我而言太小了。

Networld!? Networld are too small for you?
Networld!?Networld对你来说太小了?

Oh yeah. I’m looking for something much bigger.
呃,是的。我想找一家更大的公司。

Well, we’re not a big company by any means, but we are looking to grow!
好吧,无论从哪个角度来看,我们都谈不上是一个大公司,但我们寻求发展壮大!

What first attracted you to WebWare in particular?
WebWare最吸引你的是什么?

Well, I see WebWare as kind of like a stepping stone...
呃,我把WebWare当做一块跳板……

Sorry?
对不起,你说什么?

Yeah, start here gain the necessary experience, then move onto something bigger.
没错,从这里起步,获得必备的经验,再跳到其他更大的公司。

OK... well, I do admire your ambition!
好吧……我佩服你的雄心壮志!

Thanks – I’ve got lots of it!
谢谢你 – 我的野心可不小!

Let’s move on to managing people.
下面让我们聊一聊人员的管理。

Can you give an example of a time when you had to deal with a particularly difficult managee?
你有没有遇到过特别棘手的人员管理问题,举个例子说一说?

Sure – well I think that’s one of my strong points actually.
当然遇到过 – 我觉得这正是我的特长之一。

A couple of years ago, I was working with a guy,
几年前,我手下有个家伙,

he wasn’t pulling his weight, basically being lazy – so I told him to get out.
不尽职尽责,可以说是很懒撒 – 所以我就让他走人了。

Oh, you didn’t give him a performance review, or a warning, or perhaps try to help develop his motivation?
噢,你没有对他进行业绩考核,或者发出警告,又或者试着调动他的积极性吗?

No, no, no. None of that rubbish.
不不不。这些手段都是白搭。

If someone’s not working hard enough, then they’re out!
如果某个人工作不努力,就要把他扫地出门!

That’s the way I work. I’m a hard man.
这就是我做事的方式。我是一个严厉的人。

I see.
我看出来了。

How would you handle a rapidly changing market?
你会如何应对瞬息万变的市场呢?

Basically not change anything at all! Just continue on as normal regardless!
基本上不需要做任何变化!什么都不用管,照常继续下去就可以了!

According to your CV you are fluent in Mandarin...
简历显示你的汉语普通话很流利……

Well, I wouldn’t say ‘fluent’ exactly... but, I like Chinese food a lot – so I can read the menu!
好吧,准确的说我的普通话还谈不上“流利”……但我非常喜欢中国菜 – 所以我看得懂菜单!

So you can’t actually speak the language?
所以你实际上不会说汉语?

Erm, no.
呃,不会。

Can you tell us about a time you had to close a particularly challenging deal.
能说一说你完成的一项特别有挑战性的交易吗?

I haven’t had one. They’re all easy for me. I close deals all the time!
还没有一件事件有挑战性。对我而言都太简单了。我总是能够顺利完成!

OK – well do you have any questions for us?
好的 – 你有什么问题要问我们吗?

No.
没有。

Oh. OK. Erm. Thanks.
哦。好吧。呃。谢谢你。

Let’s move on to the presentation...
下面是演讲环节……