The Distracted

The Distracted
分神

There are always those who easily become distracted while on the phone with things like internet, TV, or other duties.
总有那么些人,如果他们边打电话边干其他事,比如上网啊、看电视啊、或者其他“必须解决的任务”(这里的这个"duties"大家应该领悟到是什么意思了吧呵呵),他们就很容易分神。

A: What was that noise? Are you at a waterslide park?! I love waterslide parks!
A: 那噪音是什么?你在滑水道公园(就像我们在水上乐园里玩的那种滑水道)里吗?我很喜欢滑水道公园啊!

B: OH YEAH, it's a waterslide alright. A bad-mexican-food waterslide.
B: 噢,是啊,确实是滑水道,供应劣质墨西哥食品的滑水道。(这个……大家都明白了吧……)

The Lecturer

The Lecturer
演讲


To some people, the phone is an opportunity to lecture, not to converse.
对于有些人,打电话是个用来做演讲的好机会,而不是用来交谈的。

Usually you can just set the phone down and they won't even notice.
通常你可以直接把电话搁在一旁,他们根本不会注意到。

The Neverending Conversation

The Neverending Conversation
没完没了的对话


Out of politeness, one or both of you will keep a conversation going way past its expiration date.
出于礼貌,其中一个人或者你们彼此就让谈话那么一直持续下去,长得“过了期限”。

The Anxious

The Anxious
焦虑


If you're like me, you can't relax on the phone because you're constantly looking for an opportunity to say goodbye.
如果你是像我一样的性格,那么你打电话时无法感到从容,因为你不停地在找说再见的机会。

B: ...so that's why I don't eat cantaloupe anymore.
B: ……这就是为什么我再也不吃哈密瓜了。

A: Neat, Carl. So anyway, I appreciate the call.
A: 太酷了,Carl。总之我很感谢你打电话来。

B: Hey, you ever try rollerblading in the nude? It pretty much changed my life. Beats the hell out of yoga.
B: 嘿,你有没有试过裸体滑旱冰?它给我的生活带来了巨大的改变,可比瑜伽强多了。

A: Cool, yeah I'll look into it. Well it's been nice chatting with -
A: 很棒啊,好的,我会去研究一下的。恩,能跟你聊天真好……

B: My junk flaps around like a sail. I like to pretend myself is an eagle, flying free over the mountains of this great nation.
B: 我驾驶着我那舢板船到处飘荡,感觉它就像只帆船。我喜欢假装自己是只鹰,在我们伟大祖国的山峦上空自由飞翔。

The Epic Goodbye

The Epic Goodbye
史诗般的“再见”


Just hang up already.
快挂电话就是了。

A: Cool, well thanks for the call.
A: 好呀,谢谢你打电话来。

B: Yeah man, take care.
B: 耶,伙计,多保重。

A: I'll catch you later.
A: 我过段时间再跟你联系。

B: We should talk soon.
B: 我们应该很快又会聊的。

A: Sounds good dude.
A: 听上去不错,伙计。

B: OK, see ya.
B: 好了,回见。

A: You take care of yourself?
A: 你会好好照顾自己吧?

B: Will do, catcha later man.
B: 会的,以后再谈吧伙计。(catcha later = catch you later 现在没有时间与你交谈,以后再谈吧!)

A: Alright bye.
A: 好的,再见。

B: Bye bye!
B: 再见!

A: Peace dude.
A: 祝你平安,伙计。

B: I'M HANGING UP NOW.
B: 我挂咯。

A: Like hell you are, we've still got like 20 more ways to say "goodbye".
A: 见鬼去吧,我们还有20多种说“再见”的方式呢。(在对话中,like hell you are 往往用来表达后者对前者的表白的全盘否定或表达一种戏谑。)

B: Oh ok. Sayounara!
B: 噢,好吧。再见(日语)!

A: Adios.
A: 再见(西班牙语)。

B: Wiedersehen!
B: 再见(德语)!

A: Au revoir.
A: 再见(法语)。(这是在拼谁会的语种多么……)