如何询问工作时间和休息?
作者:素衣
来源:互联网
2017-01-31 17:46
Work time and breaks 工作时间和休息
Didn’t you punch in this morning, Monica? Monica,
今天早上你没有打卡吗?
Sorry, I don’t know the rule about punching.
对不起,我不知道打卡的规则。
That’s ok. I should have told you earlier. This is a company rule.
没关系。我之前应该告诉你的。这是公司的一个规定。
Do we also need to punch out after work?
我们下班也要打卡吗?
According to the company rule, we should punch in before 8 o’clock and punch out after 5 o’clock every work day.
根据公司的规定,在工作日我们必须在8点之前打卡上班,在5点之后打卡下班。
How about the lunch break, Lucy? Lucy,
那午餐休息时间呢?
From 11:30 to 1 o’clock.
从11点半到1点。
May I ask whether we need to work overtime?
我可以问一下我们是否要加班吗?
Sometimes, but not quite often.
有时,但不是很经常。
知识点讲解:
1.According to the company rule, we should punch in before 8 o’clock and punch out after 5 o’clock every work day.
根据公司的规定,我们应该每天早上8点前打卡上班,每天下午5点,打卡下班。
punch 最原本的意思就是“一拳’,
例如:He laid his opponent low with a single punch.
他一拳就把对手打倒在地。
在这里punch作动词,表示“打卡”,punch in与punch out分别表示“打卡进公司”,“打卡下班”的意思、
2.B:May I ask whether we need to work overtime?
方便问一下,我们需要加班吗?
may I ask用在本句中,主要是用来缓冲句子的语气的,
例如我们可以说:May I ask whether you have been married?方便问一下,你结婚了没?
work overtime 是“加班”的意思,
例如:我愿本周加班工作以示诚意。
As an earnest of my good intentions I will work overtime this week.
- 相关热点:
- 自闭症