点击播放按钮收听音频:



点击下载音频

My mother taught me to appreciate a job well done:

母亲教我如何珍惜他人辛苦劳动:

"If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning!"

"如果你们要打架,到外边打去--我刚整理好房间!"

My mother taught me religion:

母亲教我什么是宗教:

"You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

"你最好祈祷那个东西能从地毯下冒出来。"

My mother taught me about time travel:

母亲教我什么是时间旅行:

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"

"你要是不改,我把你一把推到下周三!"(意为:不让过周末。)

My Mother taught me logic:

母亲教我什么是逻辑:

"Because I said so, that's why."

"为什么?因为我就是这么说的!"

My mother taught me foresight:

母亲教我什么是远见:

"Be sure you wear clean underwear in case you're in an accident."

"一定要穿干净内衣,以防万一你遇到事故。"

My mother taught me about contortion:

母亲教我什么是柔体杂技:

"Will you look at the dirt on the back of your neck!"

"你能不能看看你脖子后面的泥!"

My mother taught me about stamina:

母亲教我什么是耐力:

"You'll sit there'til all that spinach is finished."

"坐在那儿,直到把所有的菠菜吃完。"

My mother taught me about weather:

母亲教我如何识天气:

"It looks as if a tornado swept through your room."

"好像有龙卷风席卷过你的房间。"

My mother taught me how to solve physics problems:

母亲教我如何解决物理学问题:

"If I yelled because I saw a meteor coming toward you, would you listen then?"

"如果我高声叫喊,是因为我看见有一颗流星正朝你俯冲而来,那你会不会听我的话?"

My mother taught me about envy:

母亲教我什么是嫉妒:

"There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do!"

"这世界上有数百万不幸的孩子,他们可没有你这么好的父母。"