Growing up I didn't realize how poor we were.
从小到大,我都没有意识到,家里有多么贫穷

My parents were amazing at providing for us.
我的父母总有办法供养我们

We loved watching baseball games
我们很喜欢看棒球赛

and I wanted to go to a game so bad.
我也特别特别想要看比赛

We never could afford it.
可是我们买不起门票

To make up for it,
为了补偿我们

while we were at school,
趁我们几个孩子在学校里的时间

mom made up tickets to that night's game and money for us to "spend".
母亲做了几张“门票”,让我们可以观看今晚的“比赛”,还给我们做了可以“花销”的“钞票”

When we got home she had set up chairs in front of the TV
当我们回家时,她已经在电视前摆好了椅子

and numbered them.
还在椅子上面编了号码

Gave us the tickets and money
她把“门票”和“钱”交给我们

and told us to go clean up before the game.
让我们在比赛开始之前,先把自己洗洗干净

Come game time we lined up at the doorway,
比赛时间快要开始了,我们站在门口

my dad took our tickets
爸爸为我们剪票

and told us how to get to our seats.
告诉我们去找座位坐好

After the game started my parents went to the kitchen
比赛开始了,父母去了厨房

and had a tray of hot dogs, candy and soda.
为我们做了一盘热狗,还在盘子里盛着糖果和苏打水

"Hot dogs! Get your hot dogs!"
“热狗!香喷喷的热狗!”

We got out the money my mom made
我们拿出母亲做的“钞票”

and bought whatever snacks we wanted.
买了我们想吃的所有零食

Best baseball game I've ever been to.
这是我看过的最棒的棒球赛