那我们研究开头段，第一个问题就是开头段是由什么组成的。开头段可以说是对于题目的一个最直接的回应，因此，一个开头段的组成基本是和题目的构成紧密相关的。而雅思大作文的题目构成主要分成两类，一类是和观点有关的题目，比方说“to what extent do you agree or disagree?”或者是“discuss both views and give your own opinion.” 这类题目的构成往往为“背景+题目观点+题目问题”。另一类是和事实有关的题目，比方说“do the advantages outweigh disadvantages?”或者是“what are the reasons and how to solve these issues?” 而这一类的题目中就只有“背景事实+题目问题”。
一方面因为，学生往往会用较为随便或千篇一律的描述一笔带过，比方是“Nowadays， with the development of...”这样的老套话术，会给考官模板的感觉，也让考官对文章一开始就失去兴趣。另一个需要重视这一部分的重要原因是，这部分灵活度很强，也就是能更好的展现自己的英语实力。
例：1. Women and men are commonly seen as having different strengths and weakness. Is it right to exclude males or females from certain professions because of their gender?(Collins Unit1)
There have always been differences in the types of work men and women have done...
2. Convenience foods will become increasingly prevalent and eventually replace traditional foods and traditional methods of food preparation. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?(Collins Unit2)
The increasing availability of convenience foods has been a significant feature of modern life in many developed countries...
3. In many countries schools have severe problems with student behaviour. What do you think are the causes of this? What solutions can you suggest? (C4T4)
Poor student behaviour seems to be an increasingly widespread problem and I think that modern lifestyles are probably responsible for this.
4. In some countries young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this. (C5T2)
It is quite common these days for young people in many countries to have a break from studying after graduating from high school.
例：1. As language such as English， Spanish and mandarin become more widely spoken， there is a fear that many minority languages may die out. Some countries have taken steps to protect minority languages. What is your view of this practice? (Collins Unit5)
As the world becomes more integrated， the need for common means of communication is becoming more pressing.
2. Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (C6T2)
As a result of constant media attention， sports professionals in my country have become stars and celebrities， and those at the top are paid huge salaries.
例：1. In the past， people spent their entire lives doing one job. But nowadays they change their job frequently. Please give your reasons and suggestions.
Though the experience of moving from one job to another can sometimes be distressing or even traumatic， thousands of employees move from one job to another in rapid succession every year.
2. Some people think that machine translation is highly developed in today`s society. Therefore it is not necessary for children to learn a foreign language. What`s your opinion.
It will be good news for school children when they are told that foreign language is no longer a required subject because translation can all be down by machines. ……
例：1. Longer life spans and improvements in the health of older people suggest that people over the age of sixty-five can continue to live full and active lives. In what ways can social benefit from the contribution that older people can make?(Collins Unit9)
People today can expect to live a longer and healthier life than people in the past. …….(现在的人与过去相比预期活得更长，更健康。)
2. Many people believe that media coverage of celebrities is having a negative effect on children. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?(Collins Unit10)
In the past， news about famous people may have been confined to gossip columns in newspapers; these days it is not uncommon for celebrities to feature as front page news.
3. Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages? (C9T1)
Traditionally， children have begun studying foreign languages at secondary school， but introducing them earlier is recommended by some educationalists.
例：Some people think that it is better to educate boys and girls in separate schools. Others， however， believe that boys and girls benefit more from attending mixed schools. Discuss both these views and give your opinion. (C8GB)
Some countries have single-sex education models， while in others both single sex and mixed schools co-exist and it is up to the parents or the children to decide which model is preferable.(有些国家通行同性别教育模式;而有些国家实行同性别教育和混合教育，父母或者孩子自己可以决定哪种模式更适合。)