你对什么食物过敏吗?你知道“过敏”的英文怎么说吗?看看《咱们裸熊》里是怎么说的吧。

对话原文

 

Hmm. We have a lot of the same allergies.

看来我们对很多一样的东西过敏。

 Hmm. Pickles?

腌黄瓜呢? 

No.

不行。 

Okay, then.

那好吧。 

Can he do potato chips?

他能吃薯片吗? 

Oh, gluten. No.

含有麸质,不行。 

Peanut butter?

花生酱呢? 

Nope. No way.

不行。没门。 

Well, it looks like the only thing you can eat is this can of olives.

看来你唯一能吃的东西只有这罐橄榄了。 

How about it?

你怎么想? 

W-wait, what are you doing?

等,等等,你在干嘛? 

My doctor said I should lie like this.

我的医生说我应该这样躺着。 

Um, okay, you do that.

好吧,你就这样躺着吧。 

I'll go get us a bowl, okay?

我去拿个碗来,好嘛? 

All right, one bowl of olives coming right...

好了,一碗橄榄,马上就... 

Oh, not again!

别这样了!

 C-Clifford? Clif-Clifford?

克里福德?克-克里福德? 

Come on, Clifford.

拜托,克里福德。 

This isn't funny anymore.

第二次就没意思了。

Hey, Cliff, I got a big bowl of yummy, olivey goodness here.

嘿,克里夫,我这里有一大碗美味的,橄榄状的好东西。 

Come on, buddy.

快来啊,哥们。 

Look, I know that allergies are a bummer,

听着,我知道过敏挺扫兴的, 

but sometimes good things can come out of it,

但有时,也会因祸得福, 

like I never would have...have met your sister

就像如果不是我对花生过敏 

without my peanut allergy,

我就不会...不会遇见你姐姐, 

and..and then i wouldn't have become friends with you.

也不会...不会跟你们成为朋友呀。

We're friends?

我们是朋友吗? 

Yeah, of course we're friends.

是啊,我们当然是朋友。 

Can I have an olive?

我能吃一个橄榄吗?

 

今日重点:

 

过敏:allergy。形容词是allergic,be allergic to sth,对……过敏

腌黄瓜:pickle

麸质:gluten。很多食物或化妆品上会有gluten-free的字样,表示不含麸质

花生酱:peanut butter。butter是黄油的意思

没门:no way

橄榄:olive。橄榄油,olive oil

碗:bowl

令人不快的局面:bummer

 

想看完整视频,请关注【沪江英语】公众号