你知道“请病假”的英语是什么吗?看看《小谢尔顿》的这个片段中是怎么说的吧。

对话原文

Hello? Mr. Gilford?

你好 吉尔福德先生

Who are you?

你是谁啊

Hi, I'm Mary Cooper from the church.

你好 我是教会的玛丽·库伯

Pastor Jeff is out sick,

杰夫牧师请病假了

so he asked me to bring over your dinner.

所以他叫我给你送晚餐来

- Steak fingers? - With extra gravy.

-手指牛排吗 -多加了肉汁

Where's my Mr. Pibb?

我的汽水呢

Oh, right here.

在这儿呢

You want me to open it for you?

你想让我帮你打开吗

I've got hands.

我自己有手

Maybe while you eat we could chat a little.

也许你用餐时 我们可以聊聊

I'm old, I'm alone, I'm gonna die soon.

我老了 孤身一人 离死不远了

- There, we've chatted. - Okay.

-好了 我们聊过了 -好

 

今日重点:

请病假:be out sick。还可以说be off sick

带过来:bring over

牛排:steak

肉汁:gravy

多余的:extra

 

想看完整视频,请关注【沪江英语】公众号