Asking for information can be as simple as asking for the time, or as complicated as asking for details about a complicated process. In both cases, it's important to use the appropriate form for the situation. For example, when asking for information from a friend, use a more informal or colloquial form. When asking a colleague, use a slightly more formal form, and when asking for information from a stranger, use an appropriately formal construction.
询问信息可以像询问时间一样简单,也可以像询问复杂过程的细节一样复杂。在这两种情况下,使用适当的形式是很重要的。例如,当向朋友询问信息时,使用较为非正式或口语化的形式。当询问同事时,使用稍微正式一点的形式,当询问陌生人的信息时,使用适当的正式结构。

Very Informal Structures
非常正式的结构

If you are asking a friend or family member for information, use a direct a question.
如果你在向朋友或家人询问信息,请直接问这个问题。

Simple Question Structure: Wh? + Helping Verb + Subject + Verb
简单的问题结构:Wh?+助动词+主语+动词

How much does it cost?
这个多少钱?

Where does she live?
她住在哪里?

More Formal Structures
更加正式的结构

Use these forms for simple, everyday questions in stores, with colleagues at work, and in other informal situations.
在商店、工作中和同事在一起或其他非正式场合,使用这些表达来回答简单的日常问题。

Structure: Pardon me / Excuse me + Can / Could you tell me + Wh? + Subject + verb?
结构:Pardon me / Excuse me + Can / Could you tell me + Wh?+主语+动词?

Can you tell me when the train arrives?
你能告诉我火车什么时候到吗?

Pardon me, could you tell me how much the book costs?
对不起,你能告诉我这本书多少钱吗?

Formal and More Complicated Questions
正式和更复杂的问题

Use these forms when asking complicated questions that require a lot of information. These should also be used when asking questions of important people such as your boss, on a job interview, etc.
当提出需要回答大量信息的复杂问题时,请使用这些表达。在向重要人物提问时,如你的老板、面试时等,也应使用这些句式。

Structure: I wonder if you could + tell me/explain/provide information on...
结构: I wonder if you could + tell me/explain/provide information on...

I wonder if you could explain how health insurance is handled at your company.
我想知道你能否解释一下你们公司是如何办理健康保险的。

I wonder if you could provide information on your pricing structure.
我想知道你能否提供有关你方定价结构的信息。

Structure: Would you mind + verb + ing
结构:Would you mind + 动词 + ing

Would you mind telling me a little bit more about benefits at this company?
你能再多告诉我一点关于这家公司的福利吗?

Would you mind going over the savings plan again?
你介意再检查一下储蓄计划吗?

Replying to a Request for Information
回复请求的消息

If you would like to provide information when asked for information, start your reply with one of the following phrases.
如果您希望在被要求提供信息时提供信息,请使用以下短语之一开始回复。

Informal
正式

Sure.
当然。

No problem.
没问题。

Let me see.
让我想一下。

More Formal
更加正式的表达

I'd be happy to answer that.
我很乐意回答这个问题。

I should be able to answer your question.
我应该能回答你的问题。

It'd be a pleasure to help you.
很高兴能帮助你。

When providing information people will sometimes also offer to help in other ways. See the example conversations below for an example.
当提供信息时,人们有时也会以其他方式提供帮助。有关示例,请参见下面的示例对话。

Saying No
说不

If you do not have the answer to a request for information, use one of the phrases below to indicate that you are unable to answer the question. Saying 'no,' is never fun, but sometimes it's necessary. Instead, it's common to offer a suggestion as to where someone might find the information.
如果您没有请求消息的答案,请使用下面的一个短语来表示您无法回答问题。说“No”从来都没意思,但有时是必要的。相反,提供一个关于在哪里可以找到信息的建议是很常见的。

Informal
非正式

Sorry, I can't help you out.
对不起,我帮不了你。

Sorry, but I don't know that.
对不起,我不知道。

That's beyond me, sorry.
对不起,我不能接受。

More Formal
更加正式

I'm afraid I don't have the answer to that question.
恐怕我没有那个问题的答案。

I'd like to help you. Unfortunately, I don't have that information / don't know.
我想帮你。不幸的是,我没有这些信息。

Role Play Exercises
角色扮演练习

Simple situation:
简单的情境:

Brother: When does the movie start?
哥哥:电影什么时候开始?

Sister: I think it's at 8.
妹妹:我想是8点。

Brother: Check, will you?
哥哥:检查一下,好吗?

Sister: You're so lazy. Just a second.
妹妹:你太懒了。等一下下。

Brother: Thanks, sis.
哥哥:谢谢,妹妹。

Sister: Yes, it starts at 8. Get off the couch sometimes!
妹妹:是的,8点开始。从沙发上下来,我们可以走走!

Customer: Excuse me, can you tell me where I can find menswear?
顾客:对不起,请问男装在哪里?

Shop Assistant: Sure. Menswear is on the second floor.
店员:没事。男装在二楼。

Customer: Oh, also, could you tell me where sheets are.
顾客:哦,还有,你能告诉我床单在哪里吗?

Shop Assistant: No problem, sheets are on the third floor at the back.
店员:没问题,床单在后面的三楼。

Customer: Thanks for your help.
顾客:谢谢你的帮助。

Shop Assistant: My pleasure.
店员:我的荣幸。

More complex or formal situation:
更复杂或更正式的情况:

Man: Excuse me, would you mind answering some questions?
男:对不起,你介意回答一些问题吗?

Business Colleague: I'd be happy to help.
商务同事:我很乐意帮忙。

Man: I wonder if you could tell me when the project is going to begin.
男:我想知道你能否告诉我项目什么时候开始。

Business Colleague: I believe we're beginning the project next month.
商务同事:我相信我们下个月就要开始这个项目了。

Man: and who will be responsible for the project.
男:谁来负责这个项目。

Business Colleague: I think Bob Smith is in charge of the project.
商务同事:我想鲍勃·史密斯负责这个项目。

Man: OK, finally, would you mind telling me how much the estimated cost will be?
男:好的,最后,你能告诉我预估费用是多少吗?

Business Colleague: I'm afraid I can't answer that. Perhaps you should speak with my director.
商务同事:恐怕我不能回答这个问题。也许你应该和我的主任谈谈。

Man: Thank you. I thought you might say that. I'll speak to Mr. Anders.
男:谢谢。我想你可以这么说。我要和安德斯先生通话。

Business Colleague: Yes, that would be best for that type of information.
商务同事:是的,这种消息给他当面说再好不过啦。

Man: Thank you for helping out.
男:谢谢你的帮助。

Business Colleague: My pleasure.
商务同事:我的荣幸。