题目：The pie charts show the percentage of five kinds of books sold by a bookseller between 1972 and 2012. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. Write at least 150 words.
在观察饼图时，我们可在脑海中将它转化为柱状图或者折线图，重点关注其变化趋势。可以将上升趋势的Adult fiction和Children's fiction 放在一起描述，下降趋势的Biography和Others以及先升后降的Travel可以放在一起描述
These three pie charts compare the popularity of five different kinds of books according to the sales of a bookseller during forty years.
From 1972 to 2012, the sales of fictions witnessed a gradual rise and always ranked the top among these categories. In 1972, adult fiction and children's fiction were equally popular, and the sales of these two were both 20%. Then the percentage of adult fiction surged to 45% in the following 40 years. On the other hand, the sales of children's fiction experienced steady growth and reached 25% in the year 2012.
In contrast, there was a decreasing trend for sales of biography and other books, and biography books was less favored than other books in these forty years, and the gaps were 5%, 5% and 4% respectively. With regard to the travel books, their popularity experienced a fluctuation and finally surpassed the figure of biography, arriving at 10% in 2012.
Generally speaking, the sales of fiction continued to rise while biography and other books were less appreciated during the whole period.
①witness: v. 见证
②respectively: adv. 分别地；各自地
1. Some people think that the development of technology has made our life more complex, and the solution is to live a simpler life without that technology.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. Some people think health care should be free for everyone, while others think they should pay medical costs for themselves. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
3. Some people think that universities should not provide theoretical knowledge, but give practical trainings that are beneficial to society. Do you agree or disagree?
4. Competitiveness is a positive quality for people to have in modern society. How does competitiveness affect individuals? Do you think it is a positive or negative trend?
5. Nowadays, not enough students choose science subjects in university in many countries. What are the reasons for this problem? What are the effects on the society?
6. Once children start school, the teachers would have more influence in their intellectual and social development than parents. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
7. Nowadays, university students focus on one specific subject. However, some people claim that universities should encourage students to study a range of subjects. Do you agree or disagree?
8. Many people believe that countries should produce food for all population eats and import food as little as possible. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
9. Some people think parents should read or tell stories to children, while others think parents need not do that, as children can read books, watch TVs or movies by themselves. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
10. Modern lifestyles mean that many parents have little time for their children. Many children suffer because they do not get as much attention from their parents as children did in the past. Do you agree or disagree?
11. Universities should accept equal numbers of male and female study in every subject. Do you agree or disagree
12. Some people said the government shouldn't spend money in building theaters and sports stadiums; they should spend more money on medical care and education. Do you agree or disagree?
13. The government should control the amount of violence in films and on television in order to decrease the violent crimes in society. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this issue?
14. Foreign tourists abroad should be charged more than local people when visiting the local historical and cultural tourist attractions. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
15. Countries with a long average working time are more economically successful than those countries which do not have a long working time. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
16. With the development of technology and science, some people believe that there is no great value of artists such as musicians and painters. What are the things artists can do but the scientist cannot? Why should we encourage the art area?
17. Some people believe that it is important to protect the environment, but they make no efforts on it. What are the reasons of it? How to solve the environmental problem?
18. Some people think that all young people should be required to have full-time education until they are at least 18 years old. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
题目：Some people think that the development of technology has made our life more complex, and the solution is to live a simpler life without that technology.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Over the past century, science and technology has been developing so unprecedentedly that it has changed human life dramatically. Some people believe that we should return to basics and live without technology. In my opinion, technology has greatly improved our life quality and work efficiency despite the troubles it brought us.
Admittedly, with the advances of technology, there emerge some unexpected inconvenience and confusion. Take the constantly updated computer viruses as an example, if infected by a virus, the computer system may break down suddenly and tons of data will get lost, and it may even lead to individual information disclosure eventually. Another example is severe environmental pollution and the accompanying species extinction nowadays. The vast use of cars and the exhaust emission have undoubtedly speeded up the world's air pollution.
However, it does not mean that by getting rid of technology we can lead a simpler life without worries. Instead, every aspect of our life has already been intimately connected with technology and it has made our work and life much easier. There is no doubt that technological progressions have significantly improved the productivity of human society. For instance, the invention of robots are helpful in dealing with those repetitive and mechanical tasks. With the help of internet, people around the world are able to communicate with each other at the fastest speed and the lowest cost.
Indeed, it is your right to choose the lifestyle of a hermit and stick only with the simplicity. But it is undeniable that science and technology has made the world a better place to live, and as long as we keep in mind of its negative influences, I believe technology will lead us to a bright future.
①unprecedentedly: adv. 前所未有的
②admittedly: adv. 公认地
③individual information disclosure 个人信息泄露
④repetitive and mechanical: 重复机械的
⑤There is no doubt that… 毫无疑问的是
⑥it is undeniable that… 不可否认的是
⑦Keep in mind 记住