Ⅰ. Listen to the phone dialogues. Note down how big the apartment is.
Ⅱ. Listen to the dialogues and circle the correct answers.
1. There is / are (a) 3 (b) 2 (c) 1 (d) 5 person / people living in the apartment.
2. He lives with (a) 6 (b) 5 (c) 4 (d) 3 people.
3. There are (a) 4 (b) 7 (c) 5 (d) 6 people living in the house.
4. Alice lives with (a) 6 (b) 5 (c) 7 (d) 4 people.
5. There is / are (a) 1 (b) 2 (c) 3 (d) 4 person / people living with him.
Ⅲ. Fill in the blanks below with the words in the box.
Taipei / spend / see / come / from / drive / rest / no / much / Yes / bath / live / estate / spare / rent / many
1. A: I heard you are living in an apartment, do you ____ it?
B: Yes, I share the apartment with 3 other students.
A: I’m looking for a room to share, is there any ____ room in your apartment?
B: ____, we do have one room still available for rent. Maybe you can and have a look.
A: That’s great! I’ll see you…
2. A: Have you ever been to ________ in any Youth Hostel in UK?
B: Yes, I had been living in a Youth Hostel in Edinburgh.
A: Really, I’m thinking to go to the city this summer! How much do you _____ for a night in the Hostel?
B: About 50 ponds per night.
A: How ____ do you think it costs to stay a night at a B&B?
B: I think at least 80 ponds in summer.
3. A: Welcome to my house warming!
B: Congratulations! How do you manage to find this beautiful penthouse?
A: This is a secondhand house recommended by my friend Linda, she is an ______ agent.
4. A: Where are you ________ ?
B: I’m from Tainan.
A: Are you living in Tainan now?
B: No. I rent a suite in ________ . And, I usually travel back to Tainan once a week.
5. A: How do you travel from Taipei to Kaohsiung every week?
B: I ________ .
A: What if you are feeling sleepy at midnight driving?
B: I usually take a ________ at a motel when I feel too tired to drive.
1 Who do you live with? How big is your house?为在谈论 “住处” 时，经常会一同讨论到的主题。
2 台湾的坪换算成平方米为：1坪＝3.3平方米(square meter)。
Ⅰ. 1. 1 living room / 3 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms / 1 kitchen / 1 study room
2. 1 living room / 4 bedrooms / 3 bathrooms / 1 kitchen
3. 150 square meters
4. 1 living room / 2 bedrooms / 1 bathroom / 1 kitchen / 1 balcony
5. 1 living room / 7 bedrooms / 3 bathrooms / 2 balconies
Ⅱ. 1. a 2. d 3. b 4. c 5. a
Ⅲ. 1. rent / spare / Yes / come 2. spend / much 3. estate 4. from / Taipei 5. drive / rest