很多人到了夏天喜欢穿人字拖,那你知道它的英文是什么吗?先来看看《极品老妈》的这个片段吧。

对话原文

 

Adam said he's dating someone else.

亚当说他在和别人约会 

Why would you tell me that?

你为什么告诉我这个 

Because I don't keep secrets from you.

因为我从不瞒着你 

You didn't tell me who my dad was till I was 36.

你到我36岁才告诉我我生父是谁 

That's when I learned my lesson.

我就是那时学到的教训 

I don't believe this.

难以置信 

Where did he meet her?

他在哪遇见她的 

No. No, no. Don't tell me.

不不不 别告诉我 

Where did he meet her?

他在哪遇见她的 

At a yoga class.

瑜伽课上 

I said don't tell me.

我说了别告诉我 

To be fair, you were a little flippy-floppy.

公平地说 你确实有点反复无常 

I truly didn't think it would bother you.

我真没想到你会介意

Of course not because you don't have normal human emotions.

你当然没想到 以为你没有正常感情

 

 

今日重点:

 

与某人约会:date sb

保守秘密:keep secret

瑜伽:yoga

说句公道话:to be fair

反复:flippy-floppy,口语说法。而flip-flops就是“人字拖”。flip表示“翻转”,flop表示“下落”

人类情感:human emotion

 

想看完整视频,请关注【沪江英语】公众号