你知道“开除”的英语是什么吗?一起来看看《乱世佳人》的这个片段吧。

 

对话原文

 

What do we care if we were expelled from college?

我们才不在乎被学校开除呢

The war is gonna start any day.

就要打仗了 

We would've left college anyhow.

反正我们得离开学校 

War. Isn't it exciting, Scarlett?

哦 战争 多让人激动啊

Do you know those Yankees actually want a war?

那些穷北佬真要打仗啊

We'll show 'em.

让他们看看

Fiddle-dee-dee. War, war, war.

讨厌 战争 战争 战争

This war talk's spoiling all the fun at every party this spring.

这个春天里每次聚会都要谈论战争

I get so bored I could scream.

我烦得都要喊出来了

Besides, there isn't going to be any war.

再说 不会有战争的

Not gonna be any war?

你说不会有战争

Why, honey, of course there's going to be a war.

不会 亲爱的 真的要打仗了

If either of you says war just once again, I'll go in the house and slam the door.

你们谁要是再说一句 战争我就进屋去把门关上

But, Scarlett, honey... Don't you want us to have a war?

可是 亲爱的 你不要我们打仗吗

Wait a minute, honey, please! We're sorry.

等一下 亲爱的 我们错了

Well... But remember I warned you.

好吧 别忘了 我警告过你们

I've got an idea.

我觉得

We'll talk about the Wilkes' barbecue at Twelve Oaks.

那我们谈谈十二橡树卫尔科斯家的野餐会吧

That's a good idea. Aren't you eating barbecue with us?

好主意 和我们一起去野餐好吗?

 

今日重点:

开除:expel。注意它的过去分词要双写“l”。并且这句话中的if we were…用的是虚拟语气,所以be动词用的过去时

不管怎样:anyhow。等同于anyway

美国北方人:Yankee

扫兴:spoil。也可表示“溺爱;食物变质”

叫喊:scream

猛地关上:slam。slam the door,摔门

橡树:oak

 

想看完整视频,请关注【沪江英语】公众号