英语中有两个长得很像的单词plea和flea,但意思却完全不同。一起来看看吧。

对话原文

Mr.Burns, you already trap-doored us

伯恩斯先生,你已经让我们 

from your upstairs office.

从你楼上办公室的陷阱门掉下来了 

Yes

是的 

And how was your fall?

坠落的感觉怎么样 

Painful?Unexpected?

难受吗 意外吗 

Oh,yeah. Worst I've ever had.

是啊 从没这么惨过 

Oh really... Really...

真的 真的 

Pulled something. Totally painful.

被骗到了 太痛了 

Did not see it coming.

完全没预料到 

Excellent.

很好 

So...remind me what I was saying no to.

那么 我刚刚要拒绝什么来着 

Funding repairs to the town.

资助重建小镇 

But if you could do even one little project.

但如果你能做一个小项目也是好的。 

Reducking the duck pond

重修鸭子池塘 

Or fixing up the Springfield Bowl.

或者重建春田碗

The Springfield Bowl.

春田碗 

Very well.

很好 

I will rebuild this town on one condition.

我可以重建这个小镇 但有个条件 

Forget it

算了 

Our desperate plea is nonnegotiable.

我们的绝望诉求没得商量 

I want to put on a variety show at the Bowl.

我想在春田碗上举办各种演出 

A celebration of everything wonderful about...

庆祝这个小镇一切美好的事物 

What's the name of this town again?

这小镇叫什么来着

Springfield,sir.

春田镇 先生 

Yes, I will destroy Springfield.

好 我会摧毁春田镇

Celebrate,sir.

是庆祝 先生 

Fine, we will try your way first.

好吧 那就先按你说的

 

今日重点:

楼上的:upstairs

意想不到的:unexpected

资助:funding

修理:fix up

在一定条件下:on one condition

令人绝望的:desperate

恳求:plea。常用于法律用语,a plea of guilty,认罪。而flea意思是“跳蚤”,flea market,跳蚤市场

不可谈判的:nonnegotiable。反义词是negotiable,可谈判的。动词形式是negotiate,谈判,交涉

 

想看完整视频,请关注【沪江英语】公众号