你有被放过鸽子吗?或者有放过别人鸽子吗?“放鸽子”的英文怎么说?看看《我们这一天》中用的是哪个词吧。

对话原文

You know, I was supposed to have another date the night that we met.

我们相识那晚 我本来还有个约会

I ever tell you that?

我跟你说过吗

No.

没有

The woman that sold me the Chevelle,

把雪佛兰卖给我的那个女人

she set me up.

她给我介绍了个对象

But then I saw you

可我却遇见了你

and I stood the other girl up.

于是我放了那女人的鸽子

I wonder who she was.

真好奇她是谁

I never have.

我从没想过

You asked me a question before.

你之前问过我一个问题

-What is it that I love about you now.-Jack...

-我现在爱你哪一点 -杰克

So I'm gonna start with the obvious.

所以我先从最明显的一点说起

I love the mother that you are.

我爱你身为人母的样子

I love that you are still

我爱你 你依然是

the most beautiful woman in any room

这个世界上最漂亮的女人

and that you laugh with your entire face.

我爱你笑逐颜开的样子

I love that you dance funny...

我爱你跳舞时滑稽的样子

and not so sexy, which...

不去刻意跳得性感...

makes it even sexier.

却因此更显性感

But most of all,

但最关键的

I love that you are still

我爱你 是因为

the same woman who, all those years ago,

时隔今日 你还是当年那个

ran out of a blind date because she simply had to sing.

为了唱歌 从相亲中抽身离去的女子

You're not just my great love story, Rebecca.

你不仅是我生命中最美好的爱情篇章 丽贝卡

You...

You were my big break.

你还是我这辈子最大的福气

Thank you. Thanks.

谢谢 谢谢

And our love story,

而我们的爱情

I know it may not feel like it right now,

我知道现在遇到了一些磕绊

but, baby...

但是宝贝

I promise,

我保证

it's just getting started.

故事才刚刚开始

 

今日重点:

给某人介绍对象:set sb up

放鸽子:stand sb up

最重要的是:most of all

相亲:blind date。blind是“盲的,看不见的”,也就是在相亲之前双方没见过面

重大转机:big break

 

想看完整视频,请关注【沪江英语】公众号