有一部大热偶像剧叫《听见你的声音》,超能力少年拥有强大的“读心术”,可以听见别人内心的声音。

今天英语君就来讲一讲除了hear和listen,“听见”的15种英语表达。

1. overhear
1. 无意中听到,偶然听到

I overheard a very funny conversation on the bus this morning.
今天早上我坐公共汽车时,无意中听到一段好笑的谈话。

2. mishear
2. 听错,误听

I'm sure I didn't say that! You must have misheard (me).
我肯定没说过那句话!你一定是听错了。

3. keep your ear to the ground
3. 耳听八方;保持关注

Peter'll know; he always keeps an ear to the ground.
彼得会知道的,他耳听八方。

4. catch
4. 听见,听到

I couldn't catch what the announcer said, with all the other noise going on.
这么吵,我听不清播音员在说什么。

5. eavesdrop
5. 偷听

He was eavesdropping on our conversation.
他在偷听我们谈话。

6. listen in on sth/sb
6. 偷听,窃听

I wish Dad would stop listening in on my phone conversations.
我希望爸爸不再偷听我的电话。

7. strain your ears
7. 竖起耳朵听

I was straining my ears to hear what they were saying.
我竖起耳朵听他们在说什么。

8. in/within earshot
8. 听力范围之内

8. out of earshot
8. 听不见

I don't think you should say anything while the boss is still in/within earshot.
我觉得,老板还没走远你应该什么也别说。

Wait till she's out of earshot before you say anything.
等她走远听不见了,你再说不迟。

9. hang on someone’s every word
9. 仔细听某人说话

Her audience were hanging on her every word.
她使听众听得入神。

10. ears prick up
10. 侧耳倾听

My ears pricked up because I heard them mention Jonathan.
他们一提到乔纳森我耳朵都竖起来了。

11. listen out for
11. 等着听,注意听

Would you listen out for the phone while I'm in the garden?
我在花园里的时候你帮我听着点电话好吗?

12. must be hearing things
12. 我想我一定是听错了(表示不相信某事)

He's offered to wash the dishes - I must be hearing things.
他主动提出要洗盘子——我一定是听错了。

13. not hear the end/last of sth
13. 反复听,没完没了地听

We'll never hear the last of it if they win that competition.
如果他们赢了那场比赛,我们的耳根就不得清静了。

14. 听(某人)说完

At least hear me out before making up your mind.
你作决定之前至少先听我说完。

15. be all ears
15. 全神贯注地听;洗耳恭听

I'm all ears - tell us what they had to say.
我洗耳恭听——快告诉我们他们怎么说的。