1) The government is taking effective(有效的)measures to overcome current difficulties.
2) We are making further efforts to decrease the cost of production.
3) The local government has get up a number of colleges and technical schools to meet the needs of the rapidly expanding economy in the region.
4) They have done pretty well in coping with the problem of storing radioactive(放射性的)was
5) The school authorities have done much in the way of improving working and living conditions for the teachers.
6) Ways must be found to assure our children a decent start(良好的开端)in life.
7) The scientific approach to a problem lies first of all in collecting as much data as possible.
8) In some countries, the constitution(宪法)forbids the military use of nuclear energy.
9) In order to stabilize the economy, the government has worked hard to lower the rate of inflation(通货膨胀)。
10) A great deal has been done to protect the children from the harmful influence of bad books.
1) Though people of different cultures may experience difficulties in learning to communicate with one another, cultural awareness and an open mind can reduce these difficulties.
2) While it may be more convenient to possess a car, it is also expensive and troublesome at times.
3) Though I do well in my history and language classes, I feel quite stupid when it comes to math and science.
4) Although I do not earn a great deal of money for this job, the pleasure I receive from the work makes it worthwhile
5) Though the job is new to us, we are confident we’ll learn to do it in a couple of days
6) Although he had the opportunity to hunt and fish with great Indian outdoorsmen, he was denied opportunity in other ways
1) Partly because of increased awareness, the incidence(发病率)of AIDS has dropped in many U.S. cities.
2) This is probably because of the way we are taught as children.
3) Because of excellent weather conditions and extremely strong signals, Venusian scientists were able to get valuable information as to the feasibility of a manned flying saucer landing on Earth.
4) Because of the pressure(压力)of examinations, many students are left with little or no free time.
5) How one presents himself at an interview will often decide whether or not he will be given a job.
6) Perhaps it’s because few of us know how to accept compliments(赞扬)gracefully
7) Because of this defensive reaction, direct compliments are surprisingly difficult to give.
8) That is why some of the most valued pats on the back are those which come to us indirectly, in a letter or passed on by a friend.
9) That is why housework is considered such a dreary grind(乏味的苦差事).
10) I don’t teach because teaching is easy for me. Nor do I teach because I think I know answers, or because I have knowledge I feel compelled (非得)to share.
11) I teach because I like the pace of the academic calendar; I teach because teaching is a profession built on change; I teach because I like the freedom to make my own mistakes.
12) I have left out the most important reasons why I teach.
13) The reason for this is that technology feeds on itself
14) Owing to fierce competition among the airlines, travel expenses have been lowered considerably.
15) Owing to the lack of coordination between the two sides, the project has made little progress so far.
16) The teacher tried to encourage her students to become less dependent on their parents because they would sooner or later have to take care of themselves.
17) Yet the public has every reason to be wary of professional deception(欺骗)
18) At times, they see important reasons to lie for the patient’s own sake.