1) Of all American cities, San Francisco is considered by many to be by far the most beautiful.
2) Jobs and work do much more than most of us realize to provide happiness and contentment.
3) We are much less conscious of the extent to which work provides the more crucial(关键)psychological well-being that can make the difference between a full and an empty life.
4) Work is more than a necessity for most human beings; it is the focus of their lives, the source of their identity and creativity.
5) Rather than a punishment or a burden, work is the opportunity to realize one’s potential.
6) Few pastimes bring a family closer together than gathering around and listening to mother or father read good story
7) Man differs most from all the other animals in his ability to learn and use language but we still do not know exactly how this is done.
8) Generally speaking(In general), young people are less conservative(保守)than old people.
9) The way the brain works is far more complicated than they had thought.
10) The more scientists find out, the more questions they are unable to answer.
11) Many Americans choose to travel by car rather than by any other means of transportation.
12) Worse perhaps was the idea of Saturday afternoon cricket.
13) There is no surgical patient I cannot treat competently, treat just as well as or better that any other surgeon.
14) Social customs are different from what they used to be fifty years ago.
15) He has to feel that he’s good as and probably better than any other surgeon in the world.
16) Behavior which may be considered quite strange in one culture is often looked upon as completely normal in another.
17) It is as hard to pass her by without giving her some money as it is to ignore the collection box in church.
18) It is as morally hard to turn her away as it is a lost dog.
19) Attitudes towards daydreaming are changing in much the same way that attitudes towards night dreaming have changed.
20) We accept the authority of our parents when we are young, but as we mature we may begin to question their advice.
1) Without the distraction of TV, they might sit around together after dinner.
2) As long as the brain is given plenty of exercise it keeps its power.
3) Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government. without newspapers of newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.
4) Without a degree and with no experience in teaching my chances of getting the job were slim.
5) With the introduction of a new assembly line, we hope to step up the production of our factory.
6) Whether day or night. Summer or winter, temperatures in the underground world would remain equable and nearly constant.
7) However odd and repulsive(古怪难受)underground living may seem at first thought, there are things to be said for it.
1) Everything from the generation gap to the high divorce rate to some forms of mental illness.
2) Take, for example, the emergency situations that we encountered almost every night.
3) A case in point is students in New York State who faced criminal misdemeanor chares for possessing and selling advance copies of state Regents examinations.
4) In the case of Lincoln, the story is true
5) Where there is will, there is a way. Your eventual success in the experiment is a case in point
6) For my own part, everything is O.K.I have nothing to complain of .
7) In terms of population, Shanghai is the largest city in China.
8) A good case in point is the white-tailed deer.
9) As an example of modern credulity(轻信)，he cites(引述)the widespread belief that the earth is round.
10) An illustration(例证)may make the point clear.
11) Every side of our lives is affected by our jobs such as where we live, what we eat and the company we keep.
1) Educators report that the generation growing up with television can barely write an English sentence.
2) Earlier scientists thought that during a man’s lifetime the power of his brain decreased.
3) Many educators fear that an increase in the use of state exams will lead to a corresponding rise in cheating.
4) Many people believe that in a factory beautification of the dull setting results in greater productivity.
5) Any good relationship between nations in based on mutual(相互)trust and respect.
6) Throughout the ages different ideas have been expressed about the working of the human brain.
7) Scientists hope that if we can discover how the brain works, the better use we will be able to put it to.
8) Some recent research also suggests that we remember everything that happens to us.
9) He holds that there is no advantage in introducing the new method.
10) He holds that there is no advantage in introducing the new method.
11) We hold these truths to learn language skills, computer know-how and so on, but above all they need to learn how to be an honest and responsible citizen.
12) Today’s students need to learn learn language skills, computer know-how and so on, but about all they need to learn how to be an honest and responsible citizen.
13) History shows that the United States as a nation owes a great dela to the Afro-Americans(美国黑人)
14) The friendship your people have for our people made a deep impression on me during my visit in you country.
15) All those who attempt to turn bake the wheel of history will ruin themselves in the end.
16) We have to learn to cooperate(合作)with others and many of our own ideas have to be brushed aside(搁置一边)for the good of the whole.
17) In theory, every citizen in a democratic country may claim the right of equality(平等)before the law.
18) The successful manager is of the opinion that to gain as much as possible form your subordinates(下属)you should treat them as your equals.
19) Every country considers its internal affairs to be its own responsibility.
20) Experienced teachers realize that there are often exceptionally students who are never given a chance to show their special abilities.
21) We are also learning that truthful information, humanely conveyed, helps patients cope with illness.
22) Studies show that most doctors sincerely believe that the seriously ill do not want to know the truth about their condition.
23) Studies show that, contrary to the belief of many physicians, an overwhelming majority of patients do what to be told the truth.
24) A considerable amount of research shows that people tend to become bored when faced with a situation in which they must do the same thing day in and day out.
25) I am arguing that books must be absorbed in your bloodstream(血液)to do you any good.
26) And that is exactly what reading a book should be; a conversation between you and the author.
27) We are positive that this trade agreement will benefit the developing world.
28) Some teachers claim that recreation(娱乐)is necessary for children to be able to learn in school but others do not feel that leisure activity is all that important.
29) But by and large , the country was as glorious, as vast and as overwhelmingly spectacular(壮丽多姿)as those know-nothing kids had expected.
30) All in all, we did not see much evidence that small-town America is vanishing as we traveled through rural Wisconsin.
31) Thomas Jefferson argued that the greatest contribution you can make to your country is to preserve freedom by continuing your education and taking care that your children receive the highest level education possible.
32) The contribution Shakespeare made to the world of literature is different from anyone else’s.