来源：互联网 2010-10-20 00:00
3. 名词（代词，形容词，副词，介词）+ 分词
4. With + 名词 （代词） + 分词 (形容词）
例：a) It being raining, I decided to stay at home.
b) Speech having been delivered, discussion started.
c) he entered the room, with his hands open（holding a rifle).
(1995) 45 cliffs no longer crumbling, the beaches are 46 of the material which would 47 feed them.
45. A. For B. As C. With D. Because
练习：Do what you need to do to keep the wolf __7__ from the door, the world __8__ your thesis adviser, team leader, or laboratory director. Then use the rest of your time, perhaps at night or on the weekends, to do __9__ you really want to do.
8. A. is B. having C. being D. be
It +be动词+形容词(-able)(essential, odd, vital, absurd, regrettable, desirable…)+that从句
It +be动词+过去分词(ordered, begged, voted, moved…)+that从句
2. It’s (high, about) time that +动词过去式
would rather +动词过去式
(1997) … I wouldn’t be truthful if I 47 say that teaching is hard work . …
47. A. do B. did C. don’t D. didn’t
(1993)…The Cairo newspapers the next day carried banner headlines about the student demonstration 52 , and they 53 that the professor be sent home.
53. A. ordered B. pleaded C. decided D. demanded
练习：Years ago the experts warned us that the car-ownership explosion would demand a lot more give-and-take from all road users. It is high time that we__15__ this message to heart.
15. A. took B. would take C. will take D. should take
(2003.3) It is edifying, and it is a source of inner satisfaction even __54__ other facets of life prove disappointing.
(even if other facets of life should prove disappointing.)
54.A. shall B.will C.would D.should
主动或被动。(doing/done, to do /to be done)
发生在谓语动词之前还是之后。(doing/ having done /having been done, to do/to have done /to have been)
(2000) … In the inner cities of America, newspapers regularly report on newborn babies 60 into garbage bins by drug-addicted mothers.
60. A. dropped B. to drop C. dropping D.drops
(2001.3) A heroin addict, for instance, leads a 59 life: his increasing need for heroin in increasing doses prevents him from working, from maintaining relationships, from developing in human ways.
59. A. destructive B. dissatisfied C. damaged D. derivative
How you got there doesn’t concern me.
Growing vegetables needs constant watering.
Eight hundred dollars is enough to live on.
3. 以-s结尾的专有名词（linguistics, economics, measles, diabetes等），谓语通常用单数形式。
Two thirds of the villages are flooded (the area is under water).
5. 不定代词(one, each, everyone, everybody, everything, no one, nobody, nothing, anyone, anybody, anything, someone, somebody, something等)作主语，谓语用单数。
Everyone knows that you’ve come here.
If anybody wants to see me, let them wait till I come back. (--thing 的情况例外)