1. To shut your eyes to the facts,_A_many of you often do,is foolish.
2. ---What would you like to eat?
---I can eat_C_.
3. Why didn’t Jack ask for the job?He _C_it.
C.could have got
D.must have got
4. The lecture_A_me to death.
5. The pictures that he_A_on the wall yesterday are very beautiful.
6. He achieved his aim_D_.
A.by hard working
B.through hard working
D.by hard work
7. My wallet is nowhere to be foun
D.I_C_when I was on the bus.
A.musy drop it
B.should have dropped it
C.must have dropped it
D.had dropped it
8. _D_,we should be glad.
A.They arrive tomorrow
B.Were they arriving tomorrow
C.They were to arrive tomorrow
D.Were they to arrive tomorrow
9. I could have done it better if I_C_more time.
D.will have had
10. He was a good swimmer,so he_D_swim to the river bank when the boat sank.
D.was able to
11. _C_,that step is not safe!
12. Is there any_B_ medicine to cure that patient of his illness?
13. Make greater efforts,and you are sure to reach your goal_A_.
14. As I felt so much better,my doctor_B_me to take a holiday by the sea.
15. Every picture has been sold_A_these two,so you’d better make a decision earlier.
16. Seldom_B_him in the past two years.
A.I have seen
B.have I seen
D.did I see
17. ---He went to see the film last night.
A.So he did,and so did I
B.So did he,and so I did
C.So he did,and so I did
D.So did he,and so did I
18. I wish I_B_you better.
19. This is the student_A_I know will pass the TOEFL test.
20. They are looking forward to_C_to the lecture by the famous professor.
21. Not only_A_us light,but it gives us heat.
A.does the sun give
B.the sun gives
C.gives the sun
D.the sun does give
22. They were too dirty to walk;_B_,it was late.
23. The book looked_C_it had been out in the rain.
24. My brother had a cold last week,so_B_I.
25. I haven’t met him for ages,but his mother_B_him quite often.
26. I sat near the entrance for a long time_A_him,but he didn’t arrive.
27. I’m_D_in this newspaper.
A.making a word puzzle
B.having a puzzle word
C.getting a word puzzle
D.doing a word puzzle
28. I’m not_B_beautiful dreams.I want beautiful realities.
29. As there is no butter,we shall have to_A_dry bread.
A.content ourselves with
B.content us with
30. The Anti-Japanses War_B_in 1973and it__8 years.
A.was broken out;lasted
D.had been broken out;kept
31. What do you think_C_?
A.what he is
B.that he is
32. I still remember the place_C_he visite
33. Mother was worried because little Alice was ill,especially_A_Father was out.
34. He plays football_B_,if not better than,John.
B.as well as
D.so well as
35. Finallt,the thief handed everything_D_he had stolen to the police.
36. If you climb up to the top,you can get a good_B_of the whole city.
37. You look tire
D.You_ A_all day long.
A.must have been working
B.might be working
C.should have been working
D.should have worked
38. Come and see me_B_two day’s time.
39. _B_Java Man.who lived before the first Ice Age,was the first man-like animal.
A.Generally believed it is
B.It is generally believed that
C.Believed it generally is that
D.That is generally believed
40. I haven’t seen Tom yet today,and I haven’t seen Joe,_B_.
41. ---You forgot to turn the gas off when you finished cooking this evening.
A.so did I
B.so I did
C.so you did
D.you did so
42. Mary is_A_.She is a bit too strong.
A.on a diet
B.at a diet
C.on a dieting
D.going for dieting
43. How many_B_do you need?
B.hours of sleep
C.hours of sleeping
44. I want to know how much you_A_since you__last time.
D.would have read;had read
45. _A_he said made me __.
46. They have been in Hawaii_A_the end of the war.
47. Under the tree_B_two boys.
48. As a_C_of fact,talking to a friend is nice,but being alone is also enjoyable.
49. My brother said_C_eraser he had bought was__help to him.
50. You can often see the runners_B_on the playground.
D.to be training