I:I see from your application you've had quite a lot of experience as a secretary already.

从求职书中我了解到你已经有过一些当秘书的经验。

A:I wanted to get more interesting work——that's why I'm applying for this post.

我想找一个有趣的工作,这就是我来应聘这个职位的原因。

I:Perhaps you would tell me what sort of qualities you'd look for in your secretary if you were in my shoes.

是否能请你告诉我,如果你处在我的位置,希望你的秘书应该具备哪些素质。

A:I'd say she needs to be pretty hard-working.

我认为她首先应该工作努力。

I:Now I see from the report the Personnel Department sent me that you did reasonably well in the shorthand and typing test, and very well indeed in the intelligence test.

我从人事部那里得知你的速记和打字的成绩以及智力测试都挺不错。

I:I suppose you'd be able to handle report writing, summaries, keeping minutes at meetings and so on?

我认为你能胜任撰写报告、写摘要、作会议纪录等等,对吗?

A:I certainly hope the answer will be favorable.

我非常希望能有一个令人满意的结果。

I:May I know what has made you decide to apply for a position here?

我想知道是什么原因促使你来应聘这个职位?

A:I feel I'm ready for more challenging position.

我认为我应该尝试一下更有挑战性的职位。

A:I understand you're looking for an executive secretary.

我了解到你打算招聘一个主管秘书。

A:I:As secretary here, you'll assist me in my daily routine, dealing with correspondence and teaming up with people in the office for a smooth operation.

作为这儿的秘书,你要协助我处理一些日常事务,处理来往信函,并与办公室同事和睦相处。

I:How do you feel about routine work?

你对日常工作处理怎么样?

A:I've been well trained for this.

我是接受过严格训练的。

A:It's acquainted me with many new methods of working.

这使我学到了许多新的工作方法。

A:I believe it also means that the secretary and the boss have a mutual respect for each other.

我认为这也意味着老板和秘书应该相互尊重。

A:That means my decision-making ability needs improving.

这说明我的决策能力还有待于提高。

A:What's the starting salary and what sort of fringe benefits does the job offer?

起薪是多少?还有什么福利待遇吗?

i:May I ask when I can expect a decision regarding this position?

请问你们何时对该职位的聘用问题作出决定?