A. design B. gentle C. college D. forget
A. discuss B. rude C. focus D. excuse
A. toothache B. machine C search D. Christian
A. quiet B. piece C. friend D. experience
A. potatoes B. speeches C. cakes D. Bridges
Repairman: Good afternoon. 6
Customer: Hello. My mobile phone isn’t working. Could you repair, please
Customer: It worked well yesterday, but I simply couldn’t tum it on this morning.
Customer: Here you are.
Repairman: Well，I think we，11 be able to fix it. You can pick it up this Friday.
Customer: Oh, no. That’s too long. 9 I need it as soon as possible.
Repairman: 10 What time?
Customer: Let me see. How about Wednesday afternoon?
Repairman: After five o’clock
Customer: Ok. Thank you.
A. That’s great. B. I beg your pardon?
C. Let me have a look. D. What’s the problem?
E. Pm sorry to hear that. F. What can I do for you?
G. I wonder if you could fix it earlier.
11．An agreement seems to be impossible because the majority of the committee members are ______________ it.
A . against B. for C .to D. with
12.The basketball coach, as well as his team , ______interviewed shortly after the match for their outstanding performance.
A. were B. was C. is D. are
13. No matter where he is, he makes _____a rule to go for a walk before breakfast.
A. him B this C. that D. it
14. It is the third time that she has won the race, ______ has surprised us all.
A. that B. where C. which D. what
15.________ in a long queue, we waited for the store to open to buy a New iPad .
A. Standing B. To stand C. Stood D. Stand
16.—I’m sorry for being late. I should have phoned you earlier.
--_________. I’ve just arrived.
A. That’s no trouble B. You are welcome
C. That’s all right D. You can never tell
17. If may car _________more reliable, I would have driven to Lhasa instead of flying last summer.
A. was B. had been C. should be D. would be
18. Hot _______the night air was, we slept deeply because we were so tired after the long journey.
A. although B. as C. while D. however
19. He had to pause from time to time to wipe the sweat from his forehead, because the air-conditioning system ______________.
A. broke in B. broke up C. broke out D. broke down
20. As many five courses are provided, and you are free to choose ______ suits you best.
A whatever B. whichever C. whenever D. wherever
21.—The trip shouldn’t take more than an hour.
—_______.Tt is at least two hours.
A. I guess so B. That’s it
C. You must be joking D. It depeds
22.If he takes on this work, he will have no choice but ______ an even greater challenge.
A. meets B. meeting C. meet D. to meet
23.I______ thank you too much for all your help to my son while we were away from home.
A. won’t B. can’t C. can D. will
24.—Can I call you back at two o’clock this afternoon?
—I’m sorry, but by then I______ to Beijing. How about five?
A. fly B. will fly C. will be flying D. am flying
25. All the photographs in this book, _______ stated otherwise, date from the 1950s.
A. unless B. until C. once D. if
One sunny afternoon, a seven-year-old girl went for a walk. She crossed a large area of grassland into the woods __26__ she realized that she was lost.
Sitting on a rock and __27__ what to do, she began crying. After a while. She__28__ to walk along a wide path lined with tall trees and thick bushes. __29__ it was getting dark, she saw a small, dark wooden house. She opened the door and __30__ stepped in. Suddenly, she heard a strange noise, and she ran out the door and back to the __31__. Cold and tired, she fell asleep near a __32__.
The girl’s parents were out and her dog, Laddy, was at home. Laddy __33__ that his mistrees（女主人）was in danger. He jumped __34__ a window, breaking the glass. He looked in the fields. But he couldn’t find his mistress anywhere.
However, from the ground came a __35__ scent (气味) as he lowered his head. He __36__ the scent and walked across the grassland. Barking __37__ into the air, the dog __38__ through the woods until he found the __39__ . But the girl was not there, so he headed back to the woods. Much to his __40__ , he saw his mistress’ blue shirt in the distance. He __41__ over some bushes and saw the little stream, where the girl was __42__.
When she opened her eyes and 43 her dog standing beside her, the girl said, “you 44 me, Laddy,” and she kissed him several times. Seeing their daughter and dog coming back, the parents burst into tears of 45 . That night Laddy had a heror’s supper: a huge meal of steak
26. A. before B. since C. while D. as
27. A. wondering B. forgetting C. remembering D. regretting
28. A. preferred B. expected C. failed D. decided
29. A. When B. Until C. If D. Because
30. A. carelessly B. cautiously C. hopelessly D. unwillingly
31. A. trees B. bushes C. woods D. grasses
32. A. stream B. rock C. tree D. house
33. A. found B. sensed C. heard D. smelt
34. A. at B. through C. in D. onto
35. A. terrible B. strange C. pleasant D. familiar
36. A. missed B. discovered C. followed D. ignored
37. A. calmly B. loudly C. merrily D. gently
38. A. searched B. wandered C. looked D. travelled
39. A.window B. girl C. house D. hero
40. A. satisfaction B. disappointment C. embarrassment D. delight
41. A. jumped B. climbed C. walked D. flew
42. A. awake B. abandoned C. available D. asleep
43. A. spotted B. watched C. observed D. saw
44. A. disturbed B. comforted C. rescued D. scared
45. A. pain B. shock C. sorrow D. relief