1. John is ______ university student.
A. some B. any C. a D. an
2. That table is made of ______.
A. a wood B. some wood C. the wood D. wood
3. Tom ______ a letter to his parents last night.
A. writes B. wrote C. write D. has written
4. I’m hungry. Get me something ______.
A. eat B. to eat C. eating D. for eating
5. ______ the morning of June 27 they visited the Great Wall.
A. In B. At C. On D. From
6. This isn’t my pen. ______ is in the pencil box.
A. This B. That C. My D. Mine
7. We had plenty of paper but ______ ink.
A. few B. a few w C. not many D. not much
8. I ______ my homework now.
A. finish B. finished C. have finished D. had finished
9. Ask her ______ come with me.
A. if she will B. if will she C. whether will she D. will she
10. I ______ you were here.
A. don’t know B. not knew C. didn’t know D. wasn’t known
11. My father is leaving ______ Shanghai tomorrow.
A. for B. in C. into D. to
12. If you don’t know the word, why don’t you ______ in the dictionary?
A. look at it B. look after it C. look up it D. look it up
13. I like sports and ______ my brother.
A. so does B. so is C. so D. so likes
14. “Must we do it now?” “No, you ______. ”
A. won’t B. needn’t C. can’t D. don’t
15. There isn’t any difference between the two. I really don’t know ______.
A. where to choose B. which to choose
C. to choose what D. to choose which
16. He said he would rather not ______ it right now.
A. doing B. to do C. do D. to be doing
17. He wrote a ______ report.
A. two-thousand-words B. two-thousand-word
C. two-thousands-word D. two-thousands-words
18. Because of my poor English I’m afraid I can’t make myself ______.
A. understand B. to understand C. understanding D. understood
19. Although it’s raining, ______ are still working in the fields.
A. they B. but they C. and they D. so they
20. “Li works hard. Wang works even harder. Ma hardly works. Of the three, who works the hardest?” “ ______ works the hardest.”
A. Li B. Wang C. Ma D. Nobody
Giotto and his father lived ______ a small farm in Italy. Every day Giotto was sent ______ watch their sheep in the hills. But Giotto loved to draw. He had ______ pencil nor paper, but as he sat in the warm sunshine ______ the sheep, he drew pictures in the sand ______ a stick. Sometimes he covered stones with drawings ______ things he saw about him.
Before he was very old, Giotto ______ the chance to study drawing and painting with a great painter. He worked very ______ ______ and before many years had ______ ______ he could draw as well ______ his master.
(1)Perhaps you have read about Robinson Grusoe(鲁滨逊). Many children like to hear and read about this man who lived alone for years on an island far out in the ocean. His ship was driven on the rocks in a storm and all the other men on board were drowned. He alone reached the island. It is a long story and tells of the many brave and clever things he did as he lived with his family of animals. When he first swam to the island, he did not know what he would find in this strange place. Here is part of his story.
(2) What should I do? I was very wet and had no change of clothes. I was hungry and thirsty and did not know where to turn to find anything to eat or drinSPAN lang=k. Were there any wild animals on the island? Would they attack me?
(3) Night was coming on and I had to look for a place to sleep. I stood there thinking and thinking; I did not know what to do.
(4) After a while I made up my mind to do as the birds do. I would sleep in a tree. I looked around and found a tree with strong, heavy branches in which I felt sure I could rest in comfort without danger of falling.
(5) I had no gun, but I had my knife with me, and with it I cut a thick stick. I wanted to be able to drive off any animal. Then I climbed the tree, and as I was very tired , I fell asleep and did not wake up till the sun was high in the sky. “ (on board在船上 drown淹死 )
1. (第2段)When Robinson Crusoe reached the island, he was ______, ______ , and ______ .
2. (第4段)He made up his mind to ______ in a ______ as the birds do.
3. (第5段)When he landed, he did not have a ______ to defend himself, but he did have a ______.
B. 在Apt; mso-bidi-fo、B、C中，选出适当的一组词（在下面划线）完成下列句子：
1. Robinson reached he island ______.
A. in a little boat B. by swimming C. on a raft (木筏 )
2. It is most likely(可能) that Robinson Crusoe reached the island ______.
A. in the morning B. at lunch time C. quite late in the day
3. The first night Crusoe was on the island, he ______.
A. could not sleep 8.0p; B. slept very well C. was awakened by wild animals
4. Crusoe made up his mind to sleep in a tree ______.
A. as he was going to the island B. as soon as he reached the island
C. after he had been on the island a little while
四、汉译英（本题20: 12.0pt; 分，第1、2、3、4题各3分，第5、56题各4分）
By midday the sun was very strong. Jim was too tired to walk. There were no trees near the road, so he rested under a big rock. After drinking some water, he took off his shirt, lay down: 10.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; on the ground and fell asleep at once.
He was so tired that he did not wake up until the evening. He was just about to jump up when he felt something moving near his feet. He looked down and saw a long black snake.
Jim was so frightened that he did not dare to move. The snake began to crawl across his legs, It crawled on and on until it disappeared under the rocks. Jim jumped to his feet, picked up his shirt and ran off down the road.
分）lend, run, go, think, grow, wake, sing, lie, ring, learn, put, catch, blow
1. One is never too old to ______.
2. I ______ ______ ______ I had read that book before.
3. Before we reached the top of the hill, we were ______ ______ in the rainstorm.
4. What about ______ ______ ______ off the football match? You see, it’s raining.
5. He has ______ ______ ______ me a number of old magazines.
6. She was ______ ______ ______ on the grass reading a story.
7. The power station is ______ ______ ______ by our commune.
8. She said on the telephone, “Sorry, Mr. Smith isn’t in. Would you mind ______ ______ ______ back sometime tomorrow?”
9. Another winter ______ ______ ______ by. The sun was warm again and wild roses flowered along the banks and the blackbird ______ his song of happiness.
分）1. She is taller than any girl in the class. ( )
2. He was used to living in the country. ( )
3. This book sells well, doesn’t it? ( )
4. A number of children are seen on the playground over there. ( )
5. He shot the bird, but it flew away. ( )
6. Did you use to take long walks in the country? ( )
7. He enjoyed to swim in the river. ( )
8. My sister has been ill since two weeks. ( )
9. The question was so difficult that I just couldn’t answer them. ( )
10. She knows to answer all the questions in English. ( )