1. I study Chinese.
Engl__/ g __ ogr_y ch__m try / ma__m__tics / h__s__y.
2. My brother is a worker.
sold__r / __rit_r / s__cr t__y / sci_t__st / p__lic__m__
3. Wang Ning works in a school.
fac_y / h___sp___t___l / c__n__ma / b__ksh__p / li__r__y
4. Stop singing, please.
d__cing / sh__ut__g / l__gh__g / cr___g / qu__r__ll__g
1. We went to the Great Wall during the spring holidays.
2. The May 4th Movement took place in 1919.
3. She speaks seven languages.
4. When I came into her room, she was listening to the radio.
5. The picture is beautiful.
1. He often（ ）to see his grandfather.
A. going B. to go C. has gone D. goes
2. My aunt has worked in a clinic（ ）1949.
A. after B. before C. till D. since
3. All life on the earth （ ）on the sun.
A. depends B. carries C. keeps D. goes
4. The workers want us （ ） together with them.
A. work B. working C. to work D. worked
5. The man （ ） talked to you just now is an engineer.
A. who B. whose C. which D. what
6. Let’s get in the wheat before the sun （ ） .
A. will set B. was set C. set D. sets
7. When did you get （ ） ?
A. home s; B. to home C. at home D. the home
8. There is a photo on the wall.（ ） the photo of Lei Feng.
A. It B. Its C. It’s D. He
9. She is not fond of cooking, （ ） I.
A. so am B. nor am C. neither do D. nor do
10. I have been waiting for him for （ ） hour and a half.
A. the B. a C. an D. whole
11. （ ） girl she is!
A. What bright a B. How a bright C. How bright a D. What a bright
12. He was too excited （ ） .
A. speak B. to speak C. not to speak D. speaking
13. Coal can（ ）to produce electricity for agriculture and industry.
A. have used B. be used C. use D. used
14. By eleven o’clock yesterday, we （ ） at the airport.
A. had arrived B. have arrived C. shall arrive D. arrive
15. He is a student of （ ） .
A. Class First B. the Class One C. Class One D. First Class
16. Of the three foreign guests, one is from London, （ ） two are from New York.
A. other B. the other C. some D. any
17. There are two windows in the room. They （ ） face south.
A. all B. both C. each D. either
18. He has one blue pen and two red （ ） .
A. one B. once C. one’s D. ones
19. No sooner had he gone to bed than he fell （ ） .
A. sleeping B. sleep C. slept D. asleep
20. It was at the gate （ ） he told me the news.
A. that B. what C. which D. when
Abraham Lincoln was born ______February12, 1809in Kentucky. He grew ______ helping his father on the farm and going ______ school a little now and a little ______. All his school education was no ______ than one year. As a young man he was a storekeeper and a postmaster. He studied law after work and was active in politics. He became known for his famous speeches and was ______ by his people president(总统) of the United States. After he took office he led the American people and succeeded ______ reuniting their nation and setting the Negro slaves ______ . His murder(被杀害) in 1865 shocked the whole American nation who had come to ______him amily: 'Timesdearly. Today, Abraham Lincoln is regarded ______ one of the greatest of all American presidents.
In early days no medical(医科的) college took a woman student. Elizabeth Blackwell, however, was determined to become a doctor. The young FONT-FAMILY: 宋体; mso-hansi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ascii-f American wrote again and again to a number of medical colleges, asking if she could be enrolled(录取) , but each time the answer was NO.
Then one day, to her surprise, she got a letter from the dean(院长) of a college in Geneva(日内瓦) , which said YES.
At first Geneva College, like the other colleges, was not willing to enrol Liza. But later the important people of that college learned that Liza’s application(申请) had the support of a famous doctor, and they were afraid to offend(得罪) that man.
So the dean decided to play a trick by turning the matter over to the students’ general meeting of the college, thinking that the students would be the last to agree to take Liza.
When the student body met, most students took no interest in the matter. Of the rest, some considered the young American’s idea interesting and some thought by having Liza they could be proud of their college training the world’s first woman doctor. Very soon the students all agreed to accept Elizabeth.
The dean of Geneva College was of course very sorry to learn this , but seeing that he could do nothing to keep Elizabeth out, he gave in.
1. The young American woman in this story was called ______ or ______.
2. Elizabeth Blackwell’s aim was to ______.
3. The dean of the medical college thought the students’ general meeting would not ______.
4. Finally Geneva College had to satisfy both ______ and .
1. Elizabeth was surprised by the dean’s letter, because it promised her to .
A. have free medical education
B. go to Geneva
C. become a student in his college
2. At first Geneva College to accept Elizabeth.
A. did not consider
B. was not unwilling
C. was willing
3. When the student body met to consider Elizabeth’s application, .
A. most students were serious.
B. the greater part of the students showed no interest in the matter
C. most students took interest in the matter
4. Some students thought if they let Elizabeth join them they could make .
A. her proud
B. the dean proud
C. Geneva College proud
5. The dean was very sorry when he saw his trick .
A. work B. fail C. succeed
1. I asked him more than ten questions, but he did not reply a single one.
2. That sentence was so hard to understand that I had to have my teacher to explain it for me.
3. It is interesting to compare the education system here with the United States.
4. The first two of the five questions on the test paper were very difficult, but the rest was easy. 5. After finishing his talk, everyone present was invited to tea.
6. Since travelling across the country might cost as much to thirty yuan, I suggested that she not plan the trip.
7. When the enemy were led to believe that there were communists in the village, they started to search them.
8. It is too lovely a day that I’d like to go swimming.