例：[au] house now
die, field, heard, peace, fly, keep, high, work
third,>die, field, heard, peace, fly, keep, high, work
1. [aI] ________ ________ ________ ________ ________
2. [i:] ________ ________ ________ ________ ________
3. [E:] ________ ________ ________ ________
4. [Eu] ________ ________ ________ ________
1. She is my arnt. ( )
2. Beijing is the capitol of China. ( )
3. He wants to join the air forse. ( )
4. Hold the miror to your mouth. ( )
5. The picture was drown by him. ( )
6. Is there any big liberary in your town? ( )
7. He felt from the top of the wall yesterday. ( )
8. His mother bought him a bycicle. ( )
9. They dicided to go to the museum. ( )
10. It’s a plesure to meet you. ( )
11. Which basket is the heavyest? ( )
12. They should do it themselfs. ( )
13. The soldiers were greatly imspired. ( )
14. It is not necesarry for you to go. ( )
15. He went to study at Wuhan Univercity. s( )
16. The teacher tried to stop the quarral. ( )
17. He reilized that he was wrong. ( )
18. The two countries are saparated by a river. ( )
19. She had once worked in a goverment office. ( )
20. September is the nineth month of the year. ( )
例：i. excellent (ii) answer
ii. reply (i) very good
1. breakfast ( ) be afraid of
2. soon ( ) between warm and cold
3. dirty ( ) T-INDENT: 21pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 16pt; mso-char-indent-count: 2.0; mso-line-height-rule: exactly">
4. fetch ( ) very big
5. fear ( ) mend
6. winter ( ) the first meal of the day
7. repeat ( ) make the meaning clear
8. huge ( ) place where patients are treated
9. improve ( ) in a short time
10. prepare ( ) say or do again
11. arrive ( ) allow
12. hospital ( ) the season between autumn and spring
13. repair ( ) become or make better
14. cool ( ) not clean
15. explain ( ) go and bring back
16. permit ( ) make ready or get ready
1. She often wrote to her classmates in those days.
2. This theatre was built in 1964.
3. She stopped washing her clothes because she had something else to do.
4. He has worked in the shop for five years.
5. Tom turned on the radio.
6. Grandma will take care of my sister.
7. ”I’ve bought a new lamp, ” he said to me.
8. ”Don’t mention it again, ” she said to her husband.
例：B. He arrived in London ________ plane.
A. with B. by
C. on &eight-rule: exactly; tab-stops: 162.0pt 225.0pt 288.0pt">C. on1. “Isn’t your uncle an engineer?” “ ________ “
A. No, he isn’t. B. No, he is.
C. Yes, he isn’t. D. Yes, he does.
2. About ________ of the workers in that steel works are young people.
A. third-fifths B. three-fifths
C. three-fives D. three-fifth
3. No one knew Mr. Benson’s address ________ his daughter.
A. except B. excepts
C. only D. beside
4. ________ many times, but he still couldn’t understand it.
C. He was told D. Having told
5. Egypt is famous ________ its pyramids.
A. of B. in
C. about D. for
6. What’s the language ________ in Germany?
A. speaking B. spoken
C. be spoken D. to speak
7. Frank is the kind of person whom people like to ________.
A. make friend with B. make friends of
C. make friends D. make friends with
8. These boys ________ our football team.
A. are belong to B. are belonged to
C. belong to D. belong of
9. This straw hat ________ me.
A. doesn’t fit for B. isn’t fit
SPAC. doesn’t fit D. fits to
10. My brother ________ the Youth League for two years.
A. has been in B. has entered
C. has taken part in D. has joined into
11. ”I haven’t been to Guilin yet. ”
“I haven’t been there, ________. ”
C. either D. neither
12. These apples look ________.
A. nicely B. nice
C. well D. sweetly
13. John did badly in the sports meet. I did even ________
A. worst B. more bad
C. also badly D. worse
14. Can we do our work better with ________ money and ________ people?
A. lesser, few B. less, fewer
C. little, less D. few, less
15. Miss Smith is a friend of ________.
A. Mary’s mother’s B. Mary’s mother
C. Mother’s of Mary D. Mary mother’s
16. There won’t be any concert this Saturday evening, ________ ?
A. will there not B. will there
C. is there D. will it be
17. The doctor ________ is leaving for Africa next month.
A. the nurse is talking to him
B. whom the nurse is talking
C. the nurse is talking to
D. who the nurse is talking
18. You’ll miss the train ________ you hucrry up.
A. unless B. as
C. if D. until
19. ________ we have today!
A. A fine weather B. What a fine weather
C. How a fine weather D. What fine weather
20. People couldn’t help ________ the foolish emperor in the procession.
. laugh at B. to laugh at
C. laughing at D. laughing on