photo good third door pull weather farther poor
photo good third doorhear tour laugh month breathe autumn here whether
1. [e] _______ 2. [U] _______
3. [IE] _______ 4. [f] _______
5. [W] _______ 6. [T] _______
7. [C:] _______ 8. [uE] _______
A. 在每小题的A、B、C、D四个答案中，选出一个正确答案，把它前面的字母填入左边的括号内。对原文不得作任何改动 (本题分共17分，每小题1分)
例：Why do you keep ___B___ your eyes?
A. rub B. rubbing
C. rubbed D. to rub
1. Your new suit will be ready _______ two days.
A. in B. on
C. for D. over
2. He comes late sometimes, _______?
A. is he B. isn’t he
C. comes he D. doesn’t he
3. This sentence needs _______.
A. a improvement B. improve
C. improving &nbslep; D. improved
4. In fact the Swede did not understand the three questions _______ were asked in French.
A. where B. who
C. in which D. which
5. “I wonder whose bicycle it is.” “It might be my _______.”
A. neighbour’s B. dear neighbour
C. neighbour D. neighbours
6. Some people like to stay at home on Sunday, but _______ like to go to the cinema.
A. another B. other
C. others D. other one
7. It happened to be very cold _______ the morning of our sports meet.
A. at B. of
C. on D. with
8. He made the _______ mistakes in the dictation exercise.
A. less B. least
C. fewer D. fewest
9. Can you tell me _______?
A. who is that gentleman B. that gentleman is who
C. who that gentleman is D. whom is that gentleman
10.The guard at the gate insisted that everybody _______ the rules.
A. obeys B. obey
C. will obey D. would obey
11. _______ work has been done to improve the people’s living standard.
A. Many B. A great many
C. A large number of D. A great deal of
12. The Italian boy was regarded as a hero _______ he gave his life for his country.
A. according to B. because of
C. on account of D. because
13. Have you ever seen _______ as tall as this one?
A. a tree B. such tree C. an tree D. tree
14.” _______ have you been away from home?”
“I have been away from home for five months.”
A. How much B. What time
C. How long D. When
15. Do you know any other foreign language _______ English?
A. except B. but
C. beside D. besides
16. On the wall _______ two large portraits.
A. hangs B. hang
C. hanged D. hanging
17.”Did you enjoy that trip?”
“I’m afraid not. And _______.”
A. my classmates don’t either
B. my classmates don’t too
C. neither do my classmates
D. neither did my classmates
B. 先阅读短文，然后从短文下面每小题的A、B、C、D四个答案中，选出一个正确答案，把它前面的字母填入左边的括号内。对原文不得作任何改动 (本部分共5分，每小题0.5分)
Mrs. Hill is an old woman ___1___ has a small room in an old house. She ___2___ there since 1974. That was the year when her husband ___3___. He had been ill for many years. After his death, Mrs. Hill had ___4___ money at all. She found work in a factory. Her job was to clean the offices. She ___5___ get up at 5 o’clock ___6___ the morning. Last year she ___7___ ill and her doctor said: “___8___ work so hard.” Now Mrs. Hill sells newspapers ___9___ a big shop in the middle of town. She ___10___ doesn’t have much money but she is happier now.
1. A. who B. whom
C. which D. whose
2. A. is living B. lives
C. lived D. has been living
3. A. died B. has died
C. dead D. was dead
4. A. none B. no
C. any D. not
5. A. must to B. had to
C. has to D. have to
6. A. with B. at
C. in D. on
7. A. was being B. were
C. was D. has been
8. A. Stop B. Don’t
C. Better no D. Cannot
9. A. outside B. in front
C. out of D. above
10.A. always B. already
C. yet D. still
A. 下面I栏中有10个单词或短语可以在II栏中找到相当或接近的解释。分别将这10栏中找到相当或接font-size: 12.0pt; mso-hansi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ascii-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">个单词或短语前的编号填入相配的解释前的括号内 (本部分共5分，每小题0.5分)
II 例：i. light (ii) sick
ii. ill (i) not heavy
ii. ill (i) not heavy
1. hear from
( ) feel (lightly) with the hand
( ) very often
( ) look carefully to try to find something
( ) later
( ) very quick to learn and understand
( ) look forward to
( ) receive news from(someone) ,
( ) usually by letter
( ) hard-working
( ) a man, a woman or a child
( ) keep safe from danger
B. 阅读下面短文。根据横线下的单词或短语在文中的意思，从表中找出同义的词语，抄写在横线上(如第一句中的was paid [(0) got]) 。每个词语只准用一次。对原文不得作任何改动 (本部分共10分，每小题1分)
rise, arrive at, have something, leave, found, being wounded, returned, became, almost, married, (was paid)
“When I was your age, “said the old man, “I was paid [(0) got] only $30 a week. Life was much harder then. I had to ______ [(1) get up] at six and ______ [(2) get to] the factory by seven. We worked ten hours a day for six days a week and didn’t ______ [(3) get] any holidays. A lot of fellows had no work at all, so slow and lazy workers were told to ______ [(4) get out]. At one place I didn’t get along with the boss. I lost my job and it was several months before I ______ [(5) got] another one. Then the world war broke out. Of course I joined up. I was lucky and came out of the war without ______ [(6) getting hurting]. When I ______ [(7) got back] home after the war, a lot of us went around looking for jobs, but there were too many of us fellows and not enough jobs. Things ______ [ (8) got] worse and worse. I was ______[(9) getting near] thirty and wanted to get married, but I didn’t have enough money. It wasn’t until I was thirty-five that I finally ______[(10) got a wife] and set up a home.” So, young fellow, be thankful for what you have now. You don’t know how lucky you are!”
例：The station is two miles from the town centre.
It is two miles to the station from the town centre.
1. The garden has a swimming-pool
There ___(1) ____ a swimming-pool ___(2) ____ the garden.
2.”Mary, do you agree with me?” John asked.
John asked Mary ___(3) ___ she ___(4) ____ with him.
3. She made the children keep their room clean and tidy.
The children were made ___(5) ____ ___(6) ____ their room clean and tidy.
4. What surprised Albert greatly was to find his first teacher still alive.
___(7) ___ his great ___ (8) ___, Albert found his first teacherXT still alive.
5. The ticket-collector noticed that Bashi was alone. She shouted: “Mothers, look after your children!”
___(9) ___ that Bashi was alone, the ticket-collector shouted: “Mothers, look after your children!”
6. He has been in the army for three years.
It’s three years ___(10) ___ he ___(11) ___ the army.
7. Some day China will catch up with the highly developed countries. You: jus will see that day.
You will see the day ___(12) ___ China catches up with the highly developed countries.
8. Bob is always busy but he never refuses to help others.
Busy ___(13) ___ he always ___(14) ___, Bob never refuses to help others.
9. The dustmen went on strike because they were badly paid.
If the dustmen had been well paid they would not ___(15) ___ ___(16) ___ on strike.
10.You’ll be late unless you catch an early bus.
You’ll be late ___(17) ___ you ___(18) ___ catch an early bus.
11. Lincoln not only set the slaves free but also reunited the nation.
Not only ___(19) ___ Lincoln ___(20) ___ the slaves free, he also reunited the nation.
One day a middle-aged woman wrote to a doctor ___(1) _______ ___ him to have dinner at her houight-rule: exactly; tab-stops: 126.0pt">“What shall I do?” she asked her husband.”I ___(3) _______ ___ (not) if he’s going to come or not. I don’t want ___(4) _______ ___ him and say I can’t read his writing.”
Her husband ___(5) _______ ___ for a while and said: “Take it to the chemist. He will be able to read it.”
The woman went to the chemist’s shop and ___(6) _______ ___ the doctor’s note to the chemist. He looked at it very carefully. Then he _______ ___(7) _______ ___on his glasses and looked at the note more closely.
“Could you ___(8) _______ ___ a moment, Madam?” he said.
He went to the back of his shop. After a few minutes he returned, ___(9) _______ ___ a bottle. He gave the bottle to the woman.
“ ___(10) _______ ___ this medicine three times a day, “ he said!
Last Wednesday we ___(1) _______ ___ an experiment in our physics lab. First we filled a kettle ___(2) _______ ___ water and marked the level of water. Next we boiled the kettle of water for 15 minutes. Steam could be seen coming ___(3) _______ ___ of the spout. Then we held a cold dry plate in
_______ ___(4) ___ steam. Little drops of ___(5) _______ ___were found on the plate. We again ___(6) _______ ___ the level of water in the kettle. The level ___(7) ___ found to be lower, because some of the water had been turned ___(8) _______ ___ vapour as the kettle boiled.
-One day, the wife of a Chinese king sat watching a worm as it ate some mulberry leaves(桑叶) . Soon it stopped ___(9) ___ . Then, as it slowly turned its head from side ___(10) _______ ___ side, a very fine thread came out of its ___(11) ___ . It wrapped the thread around and around itself until it was shut ___(12) _______ ___ a little cocoon.
“If a worm can wind (缠绕) this fine thread around itself, why can’t I unwind it and use _______ ___(13) _______ ___?” the queen thought. She tried to do this. She didn’t succeed at first. But she kept trying until she finally succeeded. Soon she and her people ___(14) _______ ___ keeping worms. They took this shining thread and used it to make beautiful cloth. This cloth was called silk. Whether this is true _______ ___(15) _______ ___not, it is an ipt trying unnteresting story.
A. 阅读下面短文，然后根据短文内容，对下面八个句子作出判断。如句子与短文内容相符，则在句首的括号内划(√) ；如不符，则划(×) (本部分共4分，划对一题得0.5分。一律划(√) 号或(×) 号的，不给分)
The difference between life in one country and another is quite often not so great as the difference between city life and village life in the same country. In an English village everybody knows everybody else; they know what time you get up, what time you go to bed and what you usually have for dinner. If you want any help you will always get it and be glad to help anyone else in return. In a large city like London, there are many things to see and many places to go to. However, people often do not know each other well. It sometimes happens that you have never seen your next door neighbour, don’t know his name or anything about him. People living in London are often very lonely, particularly after work. This is because the people they are with all day are scattered(分散) over large areas in the evenings and weekends. If you walk through the streets in the centre of London on a Sunday, it is almost like an empty town. One is sorry for old people who do not live with their children and have no work to go to during the day.
1. This article is about the difference between life in one country and another.
2. Life in cities and villages in the same country is often very different.
3. In villages people only care about their own business.
4. Village people give help to others so as to get something in return.
5. In large cities people are sometimes strangers to their neighbours.
6. People living in London always feel happy in the evenings and weekends.
7. There are large numbers of people in the streets in the centre of London on Sundays.
8. People often feel sorry for old people who do not live with their children and have no work.
B. 根据短文内容，在下面句子的每个空格内填写一个英语单词，使各句意思与短文内容一致。所填单词的第一个字母必须与空格内所给的字母一致，不得改动 (本部分共6分，每个空格1分)
1. The difference between life in one country and another is often s than that between city life and village life in the same country.
2. In English villages most people know e other.
3. In villages there are f things to see than in large cities.
4. Village people are a ready to help one another.
5. In large cities people s know what their neighbours have for dinner.
6. Old people who live away from their children are usually 1
(附加题) 综合填空根据短文内容，在每个空格内填写一个英语单词。所填单词的第一个字母必须与空格内所给的字母一致，不得改动 (本题共10分，每个空格1分。本题成绩供参考用，不计入总分)
What Causes Waves(波浪) ?
Waves are beautiful to look at, but they can do great harm to s ___(1) ___ at sea, as well as houses and buildings near the shore. What causes waves? Most waves are caused by winds blowing over the s ___(2) ___ of the water. The sun h ___(3) ___ the earth, causing the air to r ___(4) ___ and the winds to blow. The winds blow across the sea, pushing little waves into bigger and bigger o ___(5) ___.
The size of a wave is d ___(6) ___ by how strong the wind is, how l ___(7) ___ it blows, and how large the body of water is. In a small bay(海湾) big waves will never build up. But at sea the wind can build up giant, powerful waves.
It is believed that the height of a wave(in meters) will usually be no m ___(8) ___ than one-tenth of the windly; ’s speed(in kilometers) . In other words, when the wind is blowing at 120 kilometers an hour, most waves will be twelve meters high or less. Of course, some waves m ___(9) ___ combine to form giant waves that are much h ___(10) ___.