天 津 卷
例：Stand over there _______ you’ll be able to see it better.
A. or B. and C. but D. while
1. —Sorry to ______ you, but could I ask a quick question?
A. worry B. prevent C. trouble D. disappoint
2. Elephants have their own way to tell the shape of an object and _______ it is rough or smooth.
A. 不填 B. whether C. how D. what
3. —It’ll take at least 2 hours to do this!
—Oh, _______. I could do it in 30 minutes.
A. coindent-me on B. pardon me C. you are right D. don’t mention it
4. They have a good knowledge of English but little _______they know about German.
A. have B. did C. had D. do
5. He tried his best to solve the problem, _______difficult it was.
A. however B. no matter C. whatever D although
6. If it is quite _______ to you, I will visit you next Tuesday.
A. convenient B. fair C. easy D. comfortable
7. You should understand the traffic rule by now. You’ve had it_______ often enough.
A. explaining B. to explain C. explain D. explained
8. —Julia said she sent you a birthday card yesterday. Have you got it?
—Oh, really ! I haven’t _______my mailbox yet.
A. examined B. reviewed &nNT-Fbsp; C. tested D. checked
9. It is what you do rather than what you say _______ matters.
A. that B. what C. which D. this
10. Bill was doing a lot of physical exercise to build up his ______.
A. ability B. force C. strength D. mind
11. By the time lane gets home, her aunt ______ for London to attend a meeting.
A. will leave B. leaves C. will have left D. left
12. I don’t want ______ like I’m speaking iii of anybody, but the manager’s plan is unfair.
A. to sound B. to be sounded C. sounding D. to have sounded
13. Last month, part of Southeast Asia was struck by floods, from _______ effects the people are still suffering.
A. that B. whose C. those D. what
14. I _______have been more than six years old when the accident happened.
A. shouldn’t B. couldn’t C. mustn’t D. needn’t
15. I prefer a fiat in Inverness to _______in Perth, because I want to live near my Mom’s.
A. one B. that C. it D. this
Having left the town, the girl stopped the car at the landing near the entrance of the bay (海湾)She stepped into the ___16___ and rowed out silently. The tide was rushing to the entrance and ___ 17___ to the wild open sea. She had to row across the bay to reach ___18___side. The waves struck against the side of the boat, ___19___and uneven; it became ___20___ difficult to row. If she ___21___ for a moment, the tide would push the boat back towards the ___22___.
She wasn’t even halfway, ___23___ she was already tired and her hands ___24___ from pulling on the rough wooden oars (船桨). “I’m never going to ___25___ it”, she thought. She rested the oars on her knees and ___26___ her head helplessly, then looked up as she ___27___ the boat shift(晃动) against the tide.
The east wind, which had swung(旋转) around from the south-west, ___28___ her help and pushed the boat towards the mountains. It was going to be ___ 29___. Her hands weren’t so painful. Her chest didn’t feel as if it was about to burst ___ 30___.
The lights of the town became ___ 31___. One of the oars banged against the side of the boat and she ___ 32___ it with a start. Had she been asleep, or just ___ 33___? She looked over her shoulder. She was almost on the beach. The girl gave one last ___ 34___ on the oars to ground the boat, and then lay back against the seat. She listened to the waves ___ 35___ and knew she had come home. Far across the moonlit bay the lights were no more than a sparkling chain.
16. A. car B. boat C. ship D. mail
17. A. beside B. before C. behind D. beyond
18. A. another B. other C. either D. the other
19. A. deep B. calm C. gentle D. rough
20. A. more B. less C. as D. least
21. A. slept B. continued C. rested D. rowed
22. A. home B. mountains C. south-west D. entrance
23. A. if B. so C. but, D. since
24. A. hurt B. ruined C. troubled D. broke
2. 6. A. get B. make C. keep D. take
26. A. mined B. dropped C. cocked D. raised
27. A. saw B. made C. heard D. felt
28. A. got to B. came to C. sent for D. reached for
29. A. difficult B. serious C. all right D. certain enough
30. A. any more B. still more C. no more D. once more
31. A. brighter B. bigger C. closer D. smaller
32. A. destroyed B. threw C. repaired D. seized
33. A. dreaming B. guessing C. inventing D. expecting
34. A. blow B. hit C. pull D. strike
35. A. anxiously B. happily C. sadly D. carefully