福 建 卷
21. 1 made a call to my parents yesterday. To my disappointment, ____of them answered it.
A. either B. none C. neither D. nobody
22. —Would you like ____, sir?
—No, thanks. I have had much.
A. some more oranges B. any more oranges
C. some more orange D. any more orange
23. If anyone happens to drop in while I am out, ____ him or her leave a message.
A. have B. get C. ask D. tell
24. —Did Jack come back early last night?
—Yes. It was not yet eight o’clock ____ he arrived home.
A. before B. when C. that D. until
25. —James, I am sorry I used your computer when you were away this morning.
A. That’s all right B. It’s a pleasure C. You are welcome D.Don’t mention it
26. Mum is coming. What present ____ for your birthday?
A. you expect she has got B. you expect has she got
C. do you expect she has got D. do you expect has she goto
27. The dictionary is being printed and it will soon____.
A. turn out B. come out C. start out D. go out
28. Father ____ for London on business upon my arrival, so I didn’t see him.
A. has left B. left C. was leaving D. had left
29. —Can the project be finished as planned?
—Sure, ____ it completed in time, we’ll work two more hours a day.
A. having got B. to get C. getting D. get
30. The classroom is big enough ____, but we’ll have to move if we have more students.
A. for the moment B. on the moment C. in a moment D. for a moment
31. —Catherine, I have cleaned the room for you.
—Thanks. You____ it, I could manage it myself.
A. needn’t do B. needn’t have done
C. mustn’t do D. shouldn’t have done
32 Only after my friend came _____.
A. did the computer repair B. he repaired the computer
C. was the computer repaired D. the computer was repaired
33. When____ help, one often says “Thank you. ” or “It’s kind of you. ”
A. offering B. to offer C. to be offered D. offered
34 —Why didn’t you buy the camera you had longed for?
—I had planned to, but I was £50 ____.
A. fewer B. less C. cheap D. short
35. —Is that the small town you often refer to?
—Right, Just the one_____ you know I used to work for years.
A. that B. which C. where D. what
A lady and her husband stepped off the train in Boston. They walked without an appointment (预约) into the outer ___36___ of Harvard’s president. But they were ___37___ by his secretary and kept waiting. For hours, the secretary took no notice of them, ___38___ that the couple would finally become ___39___ and go away. But they didn’t. The secretary finally decided to disturb the president, though ___40___ .
A few minutes later, the president walked towards the couple with a ___41___ face. The lady told him, “We had a son that ___42___ Harvard for one year. He loved Harvard. He was ___43___ here. But about a year ago, he was accidentally killed. My husband and I would like to ___44___ a memorial (纪念物) to him, somewhere on campus. ”
The president wasn’t ___45___ Instead, he was shocked. “Madam,” he said, “we can’t put up a statue for every person who studied at Harvard and died. If we did, this ___46___ would look like a cemetery (墓地). ” “Oh, no,” the lady ___47___ quickly, “we don’t want to put up a statue. We would like to give a ___48___ to Harvard. “The president rolled his eyes and ___49___ at the couple and then exclaimed, “A building! Do you have any ___50___ how much a building costs? We have spent over $ 7,500,000 on the campus building at Harvard. ” For a moment the lady was silent. The president was ___51___ , because he could get rid of them now. Then the lady turned to her husband and said quietly. “Is that all it costs to start a ___52___? Why don’t we just start our own?” Her husband nodded.___53___ their offer was turned down. Mr, and Mrs Stanford traveled to California where they founded the University that bears their ___54___ ,a memorial to a son that Harvard no longer___55___about.
36. A. Lab B. library C. hall D. off ice
37. A. watched B. stopped C. followed D. interviewed
38. A. hoping B. finding C. realizing D. imaging
39. A. surprised B. disappointed C. worried D. troubled
40. A. hopelessly B. carefully C. unexpected D. unwillingly
41. A. pleasant B. funny C. cold D. sad
42. A. attended B. visited C. studied D. served
43. A. clever B. brave C. proud D. happy
44. A. set about B. set up C. take down D. take over
45. A. satisfied B. excited C. moved D. ashamed
46. A. house B. part C. garden D. place
47. A. explained B. expressed C. refused D. admitted
48. A. building B. yard C. playground D. square
49. A. laughed B. shouted C. glanced D. called
50. A. suggestion B. idea C. thought D. opinion
51. A. bored B. astonished C. interested D. pleased
52. A. department B. university C. business D. club
53. A. Once B. While C. Since D. Though
54. A. name B. character C. picture D. sign
55. A. talked B. knew C. beard D. cared