第一节 （共5小题，每小题1. 5分，满分7. 5分）
例：How much is the shirt?
A. ￡19.15 B. ￡9.15 C. ￡9.18
1. What do the speakers need to buy?
A. A bridge B. A dinner table C. A few chairs
2. Where are the speakers?
A. In a restaurant B. In a hotel C. In a school
3. What does the woman mean?
A. Cathy will be at the party B. Cathy is too busy to come
C. Cathy is going to be invited
4. Why does the woman plan to go to town?
A. To pay her bills in the bank B. To buy books in a bookstore
C. To get some money from the bank
5. What is the woman trying to do?
A. Finish some writing B. Print an article C. Find a newspaper
第二节 （共15小题：每小题1. 5分，满分22. 5分）
6. What is the man doing?
A. Changing seats on the plane
B. Asking for a window seat
C. Trying to find his seat
7. What is the woman’s seat number?
A. 6A B. 7A C. 8A
8. Why doesn’t the woman take the grean T-shirt?
A. It’s too small. B. It’s too dark. C. It’s too expensive.
9. What does the woman buy in the end?
A. A yellow T-shirt. B. A blue T- shirt. C. A pink T- shirt.
10. How long has the man been in London?
A. One year B. A few years. C. A couple of months.
11.Why did the woman leave her hometown?
A. To lead a city life B. A few years C. To find a job
12. Where did the woman come from？
A. London B. Arnside C. Lancaster
13. What is a daypack?
A. A box B. A bag. C. A lock
14. What surprises the girl at school?
A. A lot of discussions in class.
B. Teachers giving little homework
C. Few students asking questions in class
15. At what time of the school term does the conversation most probably take place?
A. At the end of it. B. In the middle of it. C. At the beginning of it
16. What do we know about the girl?
A. She is new to the school.
B. She writes for the school newspaper.
C. She seldom asks questions in class.
17. What does Mr Henry Stone do?
A. A bank clerk. B. A teacher. C. A writer
18. What does Henry like doing at airports?
A. Watching people. B. Telling stories. C. Reading magazine.
19. What did Henry learn from the newspaper that day?
A. A valuable suitcase was missing
B. A man stole money from a bank.
C. A woman ran away from home
20. Why was the woman at the airport?
A. She was traveling on business.
B. She was seeing the man off.
C. She was leaving for Greece.