第一部分 英语知识运用 (满分50分)
第一节 语音知识 (共5小题；每小题1分，满分5分)
例：have A. gave B. save C. hat D. made
⒈ theater A. treasure B. wheat C. season D. realize
⒉ persuade A. usual B. insist C. sugar D. treasure
⒊ company A. alone B. carrot C. money D. knock
⒋ opposite A. service B. outside C. pioneer D. police
⒌ society A. official B. recent C. chocolate D. difficult
第二节 语法和词汇知识 (共15小题；每小题1分，满分15分)
例：It is generally considered unwise to give a child ___ he or she wants.
A. however B. whatever C. whichever D. whenever
⒍ – What shall we do tonight then?
– ___ – whatever you want.
A. Help yourself B. It’s a deal C. No problem D. It’s up to you
⒎ He missed ___ gold in the high jump, but will get ___ second chance in the long jump.
A. the; the B. 不填; a C. the; a D. a; 不填
⒏ That evening, ___ I will tell you more about later, I ended up working very late.
A. that B. which C. what D. when
⒐ Sarah made ___ to the airport just in time to catch her plane this morning.
A. herself B. this C. that D. it
⒑ Tony lent me the money, ___ that I’d do as much for him.
A. hoping B. to hope C. hoped D. having hoped
⒒ I had hardly got to the office ___ my wife phone me to go back home at once.
A. when B. than C. until D. after
⒓ We ___ to paint the whole house but finished only the front part that day.
A. set about B. set up C. set out D. set down
⒔ Next to biology, I like physics ___ .
A. better B. best C. the better D. very well
⒕ – Did you ask Sophia for help?
– I ___ need to – I managed perfectly well on my own.
A. wouldn’t B. don’t C. didn’t D. won’t
⒖ The old man sat in front of the television every evening, happy ___ anything that happened to be on.
A. to watch B. watching C. watched D. to have watched
⒗ 100℃ is the temperature ___ which water will boil.
A. for B. at C. on D. of
⒘ I’m going to Europe on vacation together with John if I ___ find the money.
A. can B. might C. would D. need
⒙ The manager ___ the workers how to improve the program since 9 a.m.
A. has told B. is telling C. has been telling D. will have told
⒚ The Harry Potter books are quite popular; they are in great ___ in this city.
A. quality B. progress C. production D. demand
⒛ – Try not to work yourself too hard. Take it easy.
– Thanks. ___
A. So what? B. No way. C. What for? D. You, too.
第三节 完形填空 (每小题1. 5分)
阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项 (A、B、C和D) 中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
Around twenty years ago I was living in York. 21 I had a lot of experience and a Master’s degree, I could not find 22 work.
I was 23 a school bus to make ends meet and 24 with a friend of mine, for I had lost my flat. I had 25 five interviews (面试) with a company and one day between bus runs they called to say I did not 26 the job. “Why has my life become so 27 ?” I thought painfully.
As I pulled the bus over to 28 a little girl, she handed me an earning 29 I should keep it 30 somebody claimed (认领) it. The earring was painted black and said “BE HAPPY”.
At first I got angry. Then it 31 me – I had been giving all of my 32 to what was going wrong with my 33 rather than what was right! I decided then and there to make a 34 of fifty things I was happy with. Later, I decided to 35 more things to the list. That night there was a phone call for 36 from a lady who was a director at a larger 37 . She asked me if I would 38 a one-day lecture on stress (压力) management to 200 medical workers. I said yes.
My 39 there went very well, and before long I got a well-paid job. To this day I know that it was because I changed my way of 40 that I completely changed my life.
21. A. As B. Though C. If D. When
22. A. successful B. extra C. satisfying D. convenient
23. A. driving B. repairing C. taking D. designing
24. A. working B. travelling C. discussing D. living
25. A. prepared for B. attended C. asked for D. held
26. A. lose B. like C. find D. get
27. A. hard B. busy C. serious D. short
28. A. wave at B. drop off C. call on D. look for
29. A. ordering B. promising C. saying D. showing
30. A. in case B. or else C. as if D. now that
31. A. hurt B. hit C. caught D. moved
32. A. feelings B. attention C. strength D. interests
33. A. opinions B. education C. experiences D. life
34. A. list B. book C. check D. copy
35. A. connect B. turn C. keep D. add
36. A. her B. a passenger C. me D. my friend
37. A. hospital B. factory C. restaurant D. hotel
38. A. listen to B. review C. give D. talk about
39. A. plan B. choice C. day D. tour
40. A. operation B. speaking C. employment D. thinking