例 ：It is generally considered unwise to give a child he or she wants.
A. however B. whatever C. whichever D. whenever
21. Carl is studying ______ food science at college and hopes to open up ______ meat processing factory of his own one day.
A. / ； a B. / ；the C. the ; a D. the ; the
22.——May I help you? You seem to be having some problems.
—— ______ , thanks. I think I can manage.
A. All right B. No problem C. It’all right D. There’s no way
23. Interest is as ______ to learing as the ability to understand ,even more so.
A. vital B. available C. specific D. similar
24. I remenbered ______ the door before I left the office, but forgot to turn off the lights.
A. locking B. to lock C. having locked D. to have locked
25. You can chang your job, you can move house,but friengdship is meant to be ______ life.
A. of B. on C. to D. for
26. In order to find the missing child , villagers ______ all they can over the past five hours.
A. did B. do C. had done D. have been doing
27.The limits of a person’s intelligengce,generally speaking, are fixed at birth, but ______ he reaches these limits will depengd on his environment.
A. where B. whether C. that D. why
28. The athlete’s years of hard training ______ when she finally won the Olympic gold medal.
A. went on B. got through C. paid of f D. ended up
29. Ａlot of language learning ______ , has been discovered, is happening in the first year of life, so parents should talk much to their children during that period.
A. as B. it C. which D. this
30. When ______ for his views about his teaching job, Philip said he found it very interesting and rewarding.
A. asking B. asked C. having asked D. to be asked
31. Grace doesn’t want to move to New York because she thinks if she there, she ______ wouldn’t be able to see her parents very often.
A. lives B. would live C. having asked D. were live
32. —I love the Internet. I’ve come to know many friends on the Net.
— ______ . Few of them would become your real friends.
A. That’s for sure B. It’s not the case
C. I couldn’t agree more D. I’m pleased to know that
33. Walmart, which is one of the largest American supermarket chains, ______ some of its store open 24 hours on Mondays through Saturdays.
A. keeps B. keep C. have kept D. had kept
34.Queen Elizabeth Ⅱis often to be richest woman in the world. ______ , her personal wealth seems rather small.
A. Besides B. Otherwise C. However D. Altogether
35. After school we went to the reading-room to do some reading, only to be told that it ______.
A. was decorated B. had decorated
C. had been decorating D. was being decorated
When I settled in Chicago，my new city scemed so big and unfriendly, Then I had a ___36___ problem and had to go to hospital for a ___37___ examination.
It seemed a small __38____ compared to the one I was about to face ,but things srarted to go ___39___ right from the beginning , Not having a car or ___40___ the city, I was depenging on a couple of buses to get me from A to B, ___41___ I’d left myself plenty lf time, soon it was ___42___ I was going to be late, as I had mistakenly boarded a bus that was taking me in the ___43___ direction.
I ___44___ the bus and stood on the pavemeng not knowing what to do, I look into the eyes of a __45___who was trying to get past me, ___46___ instesd of moving on ,she stopped to ask if I was ___47___ , After I explained my___48___ to her, she poingted to a bus stop across the street , where a bus would take me back into the city to my ___49___ Sitting there waiting , I felt ___50___ that someone had been willing to help , __51___, hearing a horn （喇叭） nearby, I looked up to see a car with my new friend ___52___ at me to get in, She had returned to offer me a ___53___ to the hospital.
Such unexpected ___54___ from a passer-by was a lovely gift to receive, As I clinbed out of the car at the hospital and turned to thank her, she smiled and told me not to lose, for all things are possible.
36. A. physical B. traveling C. social D.housing
37. A. scientific B.final C.previous D. thorough
38. A. chance B. challenge C. success D.error
39. A. wrong B. easy C. fast D. ahead
40. A. leaving B. visiting C. knowing D. appreciating
41. A. Although B. Since C. Unless D. Once
42. A. strange B. necessary C. obvious D. important
43. A. same B. right C. general D. opposite
44. A. looked at B. waited for C. got off D. ran into
45. A. driver B. friend C. stranger D. gentleman
46. A. Especially B. Surprisingly C. Probably D. Normally
47. A. nervous B. excited C. OK D. dangerous
48. A. idea B. motivation C. excuse D. situation
49. A. appoingment B. apatrment C. dircetion D. station
50. A. atraid B.grateful C. certain D. disappointed
51. A. Thus B. Then C. Perhaps D. Surely
52. A. staring B. laughing C. waving D. shouting
53. A. lift B. suggestion C. bike D. guidebook
54. A. results B. news C. kindness D. appearance
55. A. power B. faith C. touch D. support examination.