I. Listening Comprehension
1. A. In a restaurant. B. In a park. C. In a concert hall. D. In a hospital.
2. A.$2. B. $4. C. $6. D. $8.
3. A. Scientist. B. Artist. C. Surgeon. D. Accountant.
4. A. Attending the party. B. Visiting some friends.
C. Studying for an exam. D. Getting over illness.
5. A. The man didn't go to the play. B. The woman had two tickets.
C. The man saw the play. D. The woman gave the ticket to the man.
6. A. A rent increase. B. A bargain. C. A salary cut. D. A vacation trip.
7. A. She was angry. B. She was worried. C. She was confident. D. She was bored.
8. A. Only one person can come. B. There have been few responses.
C. Almost everyone can come. D. They're waiting for Tina's response.
9. A. Bob has been married for a long time. B. The woman shouldn’t go to California.
C. He hasn't been to California. D. The woman should go to wedding.
10. A. Because she is all wet. B. Because she is tired out.
C. Because she walked a long distance. D. Because she left something in the school.
Questions 11 through 13 are based on the following passage.
11. A. At an exhibition of paintings. B. In a TV program about art.
C. At an art festival activity. D. At a lecture of photography.
12. A. Taking photos for a newspaper. B. Teaching painting for college students.
C. Lecturing in evenings. D. Writing a book about art.
13. A. 19th century paintings and present-day art.
B. Her experiences in European countries.
C. Lifestyle in Italy in the 19th century.
D. Present-day photography in Europe.
Questions 14 through 16 are based on the following passage.
14. A. To determine the position of a ship. B. To find the direction of a current.
C. To predict the direction of a ship. D. To carry messages across the ocean.
15. A. US ships were longer than British ones.
B. British ships could sail the Atlantic faster than US ones.
C. US ships could sail the Atlantic faster than British ones.
D. US captains knew more about maps.
16. A. He compared his own map with other maps.
B. He talked with many British sea captains.
C. He used drifting ships to check his map.
D. He drew maps of currents and checked them.
Blanks 17 through 20 are based on the following conversation·
Complete the form. Write ONE WORD for each answer.
Guest Requirement To ___17___ the stay by two or three days.
Guest Name Julia.
Room Number ___18___
Present situation All the rooms for next week have been ___19___
Solution Ask the guest to ___20___ at 9 the next morning.
Blanks 21 through 24 are based on the following conversation.
Complete the form. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
What are they taking about? ___21___ in different countries. For example, China and Germany celebrate it on May 1, while ___22___ on 4th Monday of October.
How long is the holiday this year? ___23___
Where do they prefer to go? Somewhere beautiful but not crowded.
Where can they get more information? ___24___