I. Listening Comprehension
1. A. At home. B. On the form. C. In a restaurant. D. In a supermarket.
2. A. $6. B. $4.5 C. $5. D. $4.
3. A. A worker at McDonald’s. B. A student.
C. A tutor. C. A customer in a market.
4. A. She didn’t receive the E-mail. B. She is too busy to check the E-mail.
C. Her computer broke down. D. She has replied to his E-mail.
5. A. It’s certain that they will come to the lecture.
B. They won’t come if they don’t call first.
C. She is worried about it.
D. There are plenty of seats for all the people.
6. A. A math teacher and his colleague. B. A teacher and his student.
C. A student and his classmate. D. A librarian and a student.
7. A. A movie. B. A lecture. C. A play. D. A speech.
8. A. The man should not dream of being a superstar.
B. The man didn’t practice hard enough.
C. The man should find a new partner.
D. The man should not give up.
9. A. His injury kept him at home.
B. He didn’t consider it necessary.
C. He was too weak to see the doctor.
D. He failed to make an appointment.
10. A. He wants to get a new position.
B. He is asking the woman for help.
C. He has left the woman a good application.
D. He enjoys letter writing.
Questions 11 through 13 are based on the following passage.
11. A. A notice was put in a window seat.
B. Some of the seats were not occupied.
C. There was a seat that he had hoped to have.
D. The plan was not very crowded.
12. A. Mr. Jackson was the last passenger to get on board the plane.
B. Mr. Jackson was surprised to see the notice in the seat.
C. The window seats were all occupied when Mr. Jackson got on board the plane.
D. The plane Mr. Jackson took was heavily loaded with luggage.
13. A. The notice was put on the seat by the soldier.
B. The soldier was waiting for his girl friend.
C. The girl was the last passenger who got on the plane.
D. The seat by the window was kept for the last passenger.
Questions 14 through 16 are based on the following passage.
14. A. Sell your old things.
B. Do some shopping online.
C. Create your own announcement board.
D. Get useful information about 450 cities.
15. A. Companies often put job information in local shops.
B. The Internet is the most popular tool for job hunters in the USA.
C. Susan W. Miller’s company is helping people choose careers.
D. California Career Services mainly serves university students.
16. A. Three. B. Four. C. Five. D. Six.
Blanks 17 through 20 are based on the following conversation.
Complete the form. Write ONE WORD for each answer.
The day of Susan’s birthday party: Last __17___ .
The subject Jessica wants to study in college:__18___ .
The reason why the woman wants to be a doctor: She feels it a__19___ to save patients.
The quality of being a good doctor: Having good__20___ and skills.
Blanks 21 through 24 are based on the following conversation.
Complete the form. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
What’s the man’s impression of Mrs. Cooper’s resume? He thinks it is__21___ .
Why does Mrs. Cooper apply to the company? Because she thinks the company enjoys
__22___ in the field.
What is Mrs. Cooper’s current job?__23___ .
What kind of benefits package does the company offer to Mrs. Cooper? Two weeks of__24___ in the first year employment, medical and dental insurance.