Ⅰ. Listening Comprehension
Section A Short Conversations
Directions:In Section A, you will hear ten short conversations between two speakers. At the end of each conversation, a question will be asked about what was said. The conversations and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a conversation and the question about it, read the four possible answers on your paper, and decide which one is the best answer to the question you have heard.
1. A. 9:13. B. 9:15. C. 9:30. D. 9: 50.
2. A. Camping. B. Watching films. C. Hobbies. D. Hiking.
3. A. To see Professor White. B. To see the film.
C. To buy some books. D. To give a lecture.
4. A. At a theatre. B. At a booking office.
C. At a railway station. D. At a restaurant.
5. A. Teacher and student. B. Colleagues.
C. Husband and wife. D. Classmates.
6. A. Mum stays at home. B. Mum goes to the store.
C. Mum goes for a walk. D. Mum goes to buy a newspaper.
7. A. The woman should not clean up her room.
B. The woman should not get the report back.
C. The woman should not wait for him.
D. The woman should not bother to get the umbrella.
8. A. They go out to eat at a restaurant.
B. They go to see a movie.
C. They visit close relatives.
D. They observe it at home.
9. A. The man should consume less salt.
B. The man should look at his diet.
C. The man should add more protein products to his diet.
D. The man should eat fewer fatty foods and more fruits and vegetables.
10. A. The teacher postponed the meeting.
B. There won’t be a test this afternoon.
C. The students will be attending the meeting.
D. The students took an English test that afternoon.
Questions 11 through 13 are based on the following passage.
11. A. Queuing for electrically-driven cars.
B. Looking for what they want to buy.
C. Carrying shopping around.
D. Staying at the store for two hours.
A. The redesign. B. The space.
C. The technology. D. The price.
13. A. To the exit. B. To the shelf.
C. To the shoppers’ homes. D. To the cars.
14. A. 17. B. More than 70. C. 100. D. More than 700.
15. A. They got the food from the government.
B. They brought themselves.
C. People gave them for free.
D. They bought from the stores nearby.
16. A. The United Federation of Teachers.
B. The Western Union.
C. The Transport Workers Union Local 100.
D. American President Barack Obama.
Section C Longer Conversations
Directions: In Section C, you will hear two longer conversations. The conversations will be read twice. After you hear each conversation, you are required to fill in the numbered blanks with the information you have heard. Write your answers on your answer sheet.
Blanks 17 through 20 are based on the following conversation.
Complete the form. Write ONE WORD for each answer.
Blanks 21 through 24 are based on the following conversation.