Ⅰ. Listening Comprehension
Section A Short Conversations
Directions:In Section A, you will hear ten short conversations between two speakers. At the end of each conversation, a question will be asked about what was said. The conversations and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a conversation and the question about it, read the four possible answers on your paper, and decide which one is the best answer to the question you have heard.
1. A. At a bank. B. At a hotel. C. At a restaurant. D. At a bus stop.
2. A. $13. B. $30. C. $23. D. $40.
3. A. Teacher and student. B. Boss and secretary.
C. Waiter and guest. D. Policeman and driver.
4. A. She agrees with the man. B. She prefers to go shopping.
C. She dislikes raining days. D. She thinks it won’t rain.
5. A. The air is fresh. B. It’s hot inside.
C. The window is open. D. It’s noisy outside.
6. A. A postman. B. A shop assistant. C. A cashier. D. A waiter.
7. A. The size. B. The price. C. The location. D. The facilities.
8. A. She is fond of pizza very much. B. She disagrees with the man.
C. She doesn’t understand what the man says. D. She doesn’t like pizza very much.
9. A. She doesn’t want a new hairstyle. B. She has no time to try a new hairstyle.
C. She wants to try a new hairstyle at once. D. She accepts the man’s advice.
10. A. Jack is the better student. B. Jack and his brother are both pretty.
C. Jack’s brother is cleverer. D. Jack’s brother is more hardworking.
Section B Passages
Directions: In Section B, you will hear two short passages, and you will be asked three questions on each of the passages. The passages will be read twice, but the questions will be spoken only once. When you hear a question, read the four possible answers on your paper and decide which one would be the best answer to the question you have heard.
Questions 11 through 13 are based on the following passage.
11. A. Deciding on the stories. B. Checking the language.
C. Finding mistakes. D. Writing headlines.
12. A. Reporters. B. Cartoonists. C. Foreign editors. D.Page designers.
13. A. The importance of reading newspapers.
B. The steps of reading a newspaper.
C. The process of making a newspaper.
D. The similarity between Teens and daily newspapers.
15. A. Four hours. B. Seven hours. C. Eight hours. D. Nine hours.
16. A. Homework, especially in mathematics, leads to high school students’ lack of sleep.
B. Mathematics is the most difficult subject in high schools.
C. Mathematics courses in China are more difficult than those in the USA.
D. Mathematics is one of the three most important subjects for Chinese students.
Questions 14 through 16 are based on the following passage.
14. A. It’s a place for people to gamble at card.
B. It’s a place where everyone makes a fortune.
C. It’s a place to exchange shares of a factory or company.
D. It’s a place where people exchange a factory or company.
15. A. To earn more money. B. To try their luck.
C. To save money. D. To buy a bigger flat.
16. A. The fastest way of getting more money.
B. The different purposes of buying stocks.
C. The common knowledge of stock markets.
D. The advantages of investing money in the stock.
Section C Longer Conversations
Directions: In Section C, you will hear two longer conversations. The conversations will be read twice. After you hear each conversation, you are required to fill in the numbered blanks with the information you have heard. Write your answers on your answer sheet.
Blanks 17 through 20 are based on the following conversation.
Complete the form. Write ONE WORD for each answer.
Blanks 21 through 24 are based on the following conversation.