Ⅰ. Listening Comprehension
Section A Short Conversations
Directions:In Section A, you will hear ten short conversations between two speakers. At the end of each conversation, a question will be asked about what was said. The conversations and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a conversation and the question about it, read the four possible answers on your paper, and decide which one is the best answer to the question you have heard.
1. A. In the Shanghai Museum. B. In the store.
C. In the tunnel. D. In the taxi.
2. A. He asked her to throw away all the old books.
B. He asked her to hand in all the old books.
C. He asked her to put these books in an orderly way.
D. He asked her to take these books near the desk.
3. A. The key to the woman’s success.
B. The changes on the market.
C. The management of the woman’s company.
D. How the woman’s company goes on.
4. A. When they meet. B. When they say goodbye.
C. When they are introduced. D. When they lose their way.
5. A. Because they are not the experts on this topic.
B. Because the woman and the man are not free on that day.
C. Because the preparations of the meeting aren’t fulfilled.
D. Because some experts can’t come at that time.
6. A. He will finish downloading information.
B. He will repair the computer.
C. He will finish writing the term paper.
D. He will unload some goods.
7. A. Teacher and student. B. Singer and audience.
C. Boss and clerk. D. Operator and caller.
8. A. He made a lecture to the woman and the man.
B. He has just graduated from the university.
C. He is too shy to speak in the university.
D. He used to be very shy, but now he has overcome it.
9. A. The boy was raised in a good way. B. The boy became a thief.
C. He was confused at the ending. D. He says nothing.
10. A. They will be class teachers. B. They will enter different schools.
C. They are sorry for their own classes. D. They will be in different classes.
Section B Passages
Directions: In Section B, you will hear two short passages, and you will be asked three questions on each of the passages. The passages will be read twice, but the questions will be spoken only once. When you hear a question, read the four possible answers on your paper and decide which one would be the best answer to the question you have heard.
Questions 11 through 13 are based on the following passage.
11. A. In winter. B. In spring. C. In autumn. D. In summer.
12. A. 3. B. 4. C. 5 or more. D. 1.
13. A. This story happened in U.S.A. B. The author must be young, too.
C. The young man was a thief. D. The man didn’t follow the author.
Questions 14 through 16 are based on the following news.
14. A. A reporter. B. A newspaper.
C. A publishing house. D. A telegraph service.
15. A. In the late 18th century. B. In the late 19th century.
C. In the early 20th century. D. In the early 18th century.
16. A. Because they should survive under the pressure of production costs.
B. Because they can only accept the big-business methods.
C. Because the readers only read some major newspapers.
D. Because the newspaper chains are popular these days.
Section C Longer Conversations
Directions: In Section C, you will hear two longer conversations. The conversations will be read twice. After you hear each conversation, you are required to fill in the numbered blanks with the information you have heard. Write your answers on your answer sheet.
Blanks 17 through 20 are based on the following conversation.
Complete the form. Write ONE WORD for each answer.
Blanks 21 through 24 are based on the following conversation.