I. Listening Comprehension
1-5: ABCAB 6-10: CCBDA 11-13: BCA 14-16: CDA
17. April 19. 210 19. cash 20. guide
21. meet the deadline 22. technical problems
23. into two halves /in two / into two / in half 24. understanding
II. Grammar and Vocabulary
25-29: BCACD 30-34: DCDBA 35-40: BBADCB
41- 45: HCAIB 46-49: EJFG
III. Reading Comprehension
50-64: CBDAC ADACD BCDAB
65-68: ACDB 69-71: CCA 72-75: ACAC 76-80: DFAEC
81. Behaviors like littering and the ability to stop smoking can (spread).
82. Friends were the most affected by loneliness. / Friends were affected most by loneliness.
83. make more friends. / make as many friends as possible / you can.
84. health problems like depression and sleeping difficulties
1. Who is to blame for this accident?
2. The development of high-speed railway has made it more convenient for us to travel around.
3. Young people should be encouraged to solve the problems that they are faced with by themselves.
4. These construction projects / projects of construction aim to reduce people’s living costs and (to) improve their living conditions.
5. People are so used to such electronic products as mobile phones and computers that it is hard to imagine what life would be like without them.
II. Guided Writing
How to build an economized society
Our city government is aiming to build an economized society．It is everybody’s duty to work hard to achieve this goal, including us students．
The above report of statistics suggests that the expenses of electricity, water and paper in a school are surprisingly large and growing rapidly, which draws our attention．
As a member of society, we must keep the following in our minds．Firstly, make sure that the lights and all the other electric facilities are turned off when we leave rooms．Secondly, try to form the habit of turning off the tap after it is used and the waste water can be reused for more purposes．Thirdly, save paper as much as possible in our everyday life．It is even better to reuse it．
In a word, if we pay much attention to our everyday behavior and take actions to reduce waste, we can make contributions to an economized society．