Ⅰ. Listening Comprehension
Section A Short Conversations
Directions:In Section A, you will hear ten short conversations between two speakers. At the end of each conversation, a question will be asked about what was said. The conversations and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a conversation and the question about it, read the four possible answers on your paper, and decide which one is the best answer to the question you have heard.
1. A. In a supermarket. B. In a learning center.
C. At school. D. On a train.
2. A. Guest and receptionist. B. Passenger and air hostess.
C. Customer and shop assistant. D. Patient and nurse.
3. A. The woman should try another newspaper.
B. He will get “Shanghai Daily” for the woman.
C. “Shanghai Daily” is available on campus.
D. The woman needn’t go to the newsstand.
4. A. The woman was advised not to have her hair cut.
B. The woman followed the man's advice.
C. The woman is wearing long hair now.
D. The man didn’t care much about the woman’s hair.
5. A. He invites the woman to go sightseeing in Shanghai.
B. He will go to Shanghai on business and for sightseeing.
C. He hasn’t decided yet what to do in Shanghai.
D. He doesn’t like working but traveling.
6. A. She seldom reads books from cover to cover.
B. She has no interest in reading novels.
C. She read only parts of the book.
D. She couldn’t understand the book so well as a novel.
7. A. 2:05. B. 2:00. C. 1:50. D. 1:55.
8. A. A best writer. B. A popular book. C. A good sailor. D. An old record.
9. A. Discussing a trip. B. Taking some pictures.
C. Reading in the reading room. D. Looking at some photos.
10. A. Fine her for breaking the traffic regulation.
B. Teach her how to drive in the one-way street.
C. Show her the way to the police station.
D. Let her go without any punishment.
Section B Passages
Directions: In Section B, you will hear two short passages, and you will be asked three questions on each of the passages. The passages will be read twice, but the questions will be spoken only once. When you hear a question, read the four possible answers on your paper and decide which one would be the best answer to the question you have heard.
Questions 11 through 13 are based on the following passage.
11. A. All kinds of climbing. B. Adventures.
C. Traveling . D. Exciting sports.
12. A. To pay for the equipment. B. To share their product with Mike.
C. To test the new equipment. D. To do what he wants to.
13. A. When they have enough money for an adventure.
B. When they are tired of working together.
C. When they need some rest.
D. When they want to find new jobs.
Questions 14 through 16 are based on the following news.
14. A. The boss. B. The supervisor. C. The president. D. The manager.
15. A. To wear warm clothing in winter.
B. To turn off the lights when leaving the office.
C. To cooperate with cleaning staff in their cleaning.
D. To come to work earlier during the winter months.
16. A. If they have energy saving suggestions.
B. If their offices become too cold.
C. If someone doesn’t cooperate with the new program.
D. If they have a complaint.
Section C Longer Conversations
Directions: In Section C, you will hear two longer conversations. The conversations will be read twice. After you hear each conversation, you are required to fill in the numbered blanks with the information you have heard. Write your answers on your answer sheet.
Blanks 17 through 20 are based on the following conversation.
Complete the form. Write ONE WORD for each answer.
Blanks 21 through 24 are based on the following conversation.