第一部分 七年高考题荟萃 2011年高考题
The young woman entered the pool where an injured dolphin(海豚) was swimming. Despite her fear, she felt strong wearing her new leg.
In her second grade, Maja 31 her cousin, Jasmina. After Jasmina’s death, Maja swore she would honor the little girl by 32 with a dolphin, an animal that both girls 33 . “ Jasmina never got the chance to do it. ” says Maja, now32, “ so I 34 that someday I’d do it for her. ”
In high school, Maja was 35 about sports. She even planned to become an athlete. 36 , in 1993, during the civil war in her home country, a bomb 37 her left leg.
After two years’ 38 in the U.S., Maja received her first artificial（人造的）leg. But 39 it didn’t fit well, walking for Maja was very painful. 40 she managed to graduate from a local high school. Then after receiving a 41 from Saint Francis University, she got a job at an insurance firm and 42 started her own company.
To relax, Maja 43 often watch the dolphins play at an aquarium（水族馆）near her home. A young dolphin, Winter, who had lost its tail, caught her 44 . One day, Maja happened to see trainers 45 Winter with a high-tech tail. When they were done, Winter swam freely in the water. Maja was 46 . She managed to find the inventors of Winter’s tail. Within ten days, she had a new leg which freed her of the 47 that had troubled her for almost 16 years.
Now, Maja was ready to keep her 48 . She went to the aquarium. Lowered herself into the pool and held out a hand to Winter, who approached 49 , then swam away. After a few minutes, the dolphin let Maja 50 its back. Finally, the two began to swim around the pool together.
31. A. lost B. visited C. rescued D. left
32. A. talking B. living C. swimming D. surfing
33. A. adored B. adopted C. possessed D. purchased
34. A. pretended B. decided C. preferred D. agreed
35. A. positive B. enthusiastic C. particular D. curious
36. A. Undoubtedly B. Surprisingly C. Strangely D. Unfortunately
37. A. took away B. took over C. cut down D. cut out
38. A. study B. operation C. treatment D. experiment
39. A. until B. because C. although D. if
40. A. Otherwise B. Therefore C. Besides D. However
41. A. scholarship B. degree C. prize D. notice
42. A. gradually B. actually C. eventually D. naturally
43. A. might B. should C. could D. would
44. A. eye B. leg C. nose D. hand
45. A. decorating B. guiding C. marking D. fitting
46. A. inspired B. puzzled C. shocked D. amused
47. A. worry B. sadness C. pain D. fear
48. A. appointment B. promise C. record D. habit
49. A. blindly B. angrily C. gratefully D. cautiously
50. A. strike B. cover C. touch D. wipe
【答案】31---35ACABB 36—40DACBD 41---45BCDAD 46---50 ACBDC