1. What does the man think of watching TV?
[A] It helps people kill time.
[B] It makes people less active.
[C] It keeps people well-informed.
2. What does the woman mean?
[A] She’ll use her bike soon.
[B] She’ lent her bike out.
[C] She’ll borrow a bike.
3. What does the man think of the woman?
[A] She is poorly dressed.
[B] She’s got too many dresses
[C] She should buy a dress for Betty.
4. What’s going to be difficult for the man?
[A] Making nice coffee.
[B] Working at home quietly.
[C] Choosing a birthday gift.
5. What are the speakers discussing?
[A] Whether to go on a holiday.
[B] How to pay for the house.
[C] Whether to find a better job.
6. Who is Mr. Li?
[A] The woman’s co-worker. [B] The woman’s secretary. [C] The woman’s boss.
7. What does Mr. Li want to talk to the woman about?
[A] A job offer. [B] A big sale. [C] A new department.
8. What is the man doing now?
[A] Trying to find a job. [B] Traveling round the world. [C] Teaching English for money.
9. Where will the man be working?
[A] In an Australian school. [B] In a shipping company. [C] In a foreign trading firm.
10. What will the speakers do together in the evening?
[A] Go sightseeing in the city. [B] Eat in a Chinese restaurant
[C] Have a home-made dinner.
11. What do the speakers decide to do?
[A] Ask Carrie for help. [B] Buy a huge cake. [C] Play cards.
12. Who will probably get surprised at the party?
[A] Maggie. [B] The man. [C] Jackie.
13. What kind of families can be possibly chosen as home-stay families?
[A] Good at cooking. [B] Close to the school. [C] With international background.
14. What can an international student expect in a home-stay family?
[A] A bathroom of their own. [B] No choice of meals. [C] A shared bedroom
15. What is the main advantage of staying with a home-stay family?
[A] Learning the language better. [B] Having more freedom. [C] Going to school early.
16. What should the student do to get along with the family?
[A] Cook for the family. [B] Keep his or her habits. [C] Follow the house rules.
17. What’s the purpose of the program?
[A] To plan a nice weekend. [B] To prepare for New Year’s Day.
[C] To celebrate the start of a vacation.
18. What are the children going to do?
[A] Look for the hidden gifts. [B] Hide around the building.
[C] Have a group discussion.
19. What are the children required to do before going out of the building?
[A] Wait at a corner. [B] Give their names at a desk.
[C] Stay together with their parents.
20. Who will go out of the building through the double doors?
[A] The preschool children.
[B] The third grade children.
[C] The fourth grade children.