5. 2005·江苏卷 完形填空
On May 27, 1995, our life was suddenly changed. It happened a few minutes past three, 36 my husband, Chris, fell from his horse as it 37 over a fence. Chris was paralyzed (瘫痪) from the chest down, 38 to breathe normally. As he was thrown from his horse, we entered into a life of 39 with lots of unexpected challenges( 挑战). We went from the "haves" to the “have-nots". Or so we thought. 40 what we discovered later were all the gifts that came out of 41 difficulties. We came to learn that something 42 could happen in a disaster . All over the world people 43 Chris so much that letters and postcards poured in every day. By the end of the third week in a 44 center in Virginia, about 35,000 pieces of 45 had been received and sorted.
As 46 , we opened letter after letter. They gave us 47 and became a source of strength for us. We used them to 48 ourselves. I would go to the pile of letters marked with "Funny" if we needed a 49 , or to the "Disabled" box to find advice from people in wheelchairs or 50 in bed living happily and 51 .
These letters, we realized, had to be shared. And so 52 we offer one of them to you.
My husband and I were so sorry to hear of your 53 accident last week. No doubt your family and your friends are giving you the strength to face this 54 challenge. People everywhere are also giving you best wishes every day and we are among those who are keeping you 55 .
36.A.since B.before C. when D.while
37. A. walked B. climbed C. pulled D. jumped
38. A. able B. unable C. suitable D. unsuitable
39. A. disability B. possession C. convenience D. experience
40. A. So B. For C. Or D. Yet
41. A. sharing B. separating C. fearing D. exploiting
42. A. terrible B. similar C. wonderful D. practical
43. A. wrote for B. cared for C. hoped for D. sent for
44. A. medical B. postal C. experimental D. mental
45.A. news B. paper C. equipment D. mail
46. A. patients B. a family C. nurses D. a group
47. A. effect B. effort C. comfort D. explanation
48. A. encourage B. express C. control D. treat
49. A. cry B. laugh C. chat D. sigh
50. A. much B. never C. even D. seldom
5l. A. bitterly B. fairly C. weakly D. successfully
52. A. here B. there C. therefore D. forward
53. A. driving B. flying C. running D. riding
54. A. technical B. different C. difficult D. valuable
55. A. nearby B. close C. busy D. alive
答案 36.C 37.D 38.B 39.C 40.D 41.A 42.C 43.B 44.A 45.D
46.B 47.C 48.A 49.B 50.C 51.D 52.A 53.D 54.C 55.D